Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Problem Still Ongoing!

Options
  • 06-07-2007 12:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Now teh tourist season is here the corpo are telling nobody anything , Let me summarise.

1. The ancient water plant , supposed to be shut down mid June, is still pumping out water with crap in it,

2. The water is as dodgy as ever, boil notices apply and you should not ingest it or even brush your teeth with it.

3. The corpo has stopped updating the warnings on their website. The following area is still affected

http://www.galwaycity.ie/GeneralNews/UploadAdditionalFile,3558,en.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

It seems that seeing as the media have stopped reporting widely on the problem, that the city council have decided to nearly start ignoring it too. Its ridiculous that its gone on this long and still no real end in sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

So, plan of action?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

bat boy wrote:
    Its ridiculous that its gone on this long and still no real end in sight

It can go a lot longer too! Ennis has had a boil notice for two years now, if not more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Offer Free Bottles of Galway (tap) Water to every Hen and Stag as it leaves the station, make for a quiet life at the weekends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

if this happenened in the pale it would be sorted in a matter of hours:mad:

anger increasing!!! patience wanning!!

notice aswell that not once has anyone apologised for it!! c**toids!!

i think we should all deliberatly contract crypto and proceed to **** all over the city/county council building:D if even just for a laugh

• Advertisement

a "Scour for Galway" day in the square , especially if its sunny and hot ??

Ask the following to make a speech , sure he would show at the drop of a .......hat .

http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Padraig_Conneely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ya iv found it quite suspicous that connelly has been absent in the debate about the water!! he usually cant wait to get his grimey face in the paper about nonsense no one gives a **** about

i wouldnt be surprised if there was some backhander shenaniggans goin on about the water situation,possibly contracts, rezoning, the usual fair.
    no doubt we will all hear about it in some massively expensive tribunal twenty years down the road!!

after all people have seem to forgotten, were did all the **** come from in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I see there's a partial lift of the boil water notice....how come I don't feel reassured.

Might chance giving it to the dogs..but I'm very fond of the dogs,we've been boiling their water.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I imagine the reason it isn't being publicised is becuase it could harm the tourist industry in the area. Also, the Green Mayor was using it as a platform to become a TD, since he failed the issue has been allowed quieten down.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I imagine the reason it isn't being publicised is becuase it could harm the tourist industry in the area. Also, the Green Mayor was using it as a platform to become a TD, since he failed the issue has been allowed quieten down.

huh? you have got to be kiding - it's fianna fail that's ben pushing this

Michael C. on the radio saying it's all the green partys fault............

• Advertisement

They now have sufficient clean water to take Tuam Headford Claregalway and Athenry out of the affected area. Nothing for the city/moycullen/barna/oranmore people yet. The old plant is still spewing out grotty water , 3 weeks since they planned to decommission it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Nothing for the city/moycullen/barna/oranmore people yet. The old plant is still spewing out grotty water , 3 weeks since they planned to decommission it.

It's supposed to be ok for Oranmore,mind you the danger zone is a bit close for comfort

http://www.galway.ie/en/Services/WaterServices/WaterContamination/Maps/TheFile,6207,en.pdf

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Sponge Bob wrote:
    They now have sufficient clean water to take Tuam Headford Claregalway and Athenry out of the affected area. Nothing for the city/moycullen/barna/oranmore people yet. The old plant is still spewing out grotty water , 3 weeks since they planned to decommission it.

I don't believe a word of it. If you were trying to clean up a contaminated water supply, what would your priority be - the cultural capital of Ireland with a bunch of major upcoming festivals that will be attended by hundreds of thousands of people from across Ireland and the world or...

Tuam.

No offence to Tuam, but...

If I lived in Tuam or Athenry I wouldn't touch the water. I live in the city centre, and I've resigned meself to buying bottled water for the next few years.

And for this we pay taxes? What this country needs is a nice revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Dalfiatach wrote:
    I don't believe a word of it. If you were trying to clean up a contaminated water supply, what would your priority be - the cultural capital of Ireland with a bunch of major upcoming festivals that will be attended by hundreds of thousands of people from across Ireland and the world or...

Tuam.

No offence to Tuam, but...

If I lived in Tuam or Athenry I wouldn't touch the water. I live in the city centre, and I've resigned myself to buying bottled water for the next few years.

And for this we pay taxes? What this country needs is a nice revolution.

I agree that what Galway needs is a revolution, but in their defence ( can't believe I would be saying that) I don't think that its a case of preferring to get Tuam back on the water. I would have said that these areas now are getting their water from elsewhere rather than Galway city supply which by the looks of it will be cack for a long time to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Tuam has a good clean water supply from their treatment plant at Luimnagh. The additional supply for the city is supposed to come from there too but they haven't managed to get enough supply from there yet. So I wouldn't be worried if I lived in Tuam, they have the clean water that we're waiting to get our hands on....

On topic, it's a flippin' disgrace that we're still buying bottled water - is this a 1st or 3rd world country???

Its gone very quiet lately since tourist season started - seems like keeping the hoteliers in Galway happy is more important than clean water for the citizens :rolleyes:

Also heard the city manager and his top engineers applied for and were awarded performance bonuses of nearly 10 grand each recently :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Advertisement