Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to cancel Credit Card if balance is 0?

Options
  • 06-07-2007 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Do I need to cancel Credit Card if balance is zero? Not using it anymore as I am switiching. Will there still be charges or no?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Yes , government tax of €40 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If you're cancelling the card you'll need to leave it 40e in credit for stamp duty next year. Thats unless you do a balance transfer.

However, when you do close it the old card will send you a letter of closure and you can usually pass this onto the new CC company who might waive GSD next year unless you were using both cards simultaneously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

If you are switching to another provider you should not be paying stamp duty twice. AFAIK you should only be paying stamp duty once a year.

Advertisement