Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet connection drops when I download

Options
  • 06-07-2007 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

I have a cable modem (Thomson tcw710) that is connected to my laptop with a wireless network. Everything is working fine except if I download a torrent with Azureus. My speed wil go up to about 400k/s and then the whole internet connection drops. My computer is still connected to the wireless connection without any problem, just that there is no internet available. After ~1 minute thigs go back to normal again and repeat themselves after 3-4 minutes.

Does anyone know what I can do about this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

try encrypting your torrents,its simple but i cant remember exactly how,just check google
    probly caused by traffic shaping software by ur isp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Try disabling DHT in Azerius if possible.

It could also be your router crashing accidently or thinking it's getting a DOS attack and doing it on purpose.

Advertisement