Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

torrents friendly ISP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hornet

yan wrote:
    you are right my friend....

its the foreigners doing ALL the illegal stuff in ireland, its the foreigners who create all the mess here, its them responsible for the high crime rates...

you are soooo right!

well done mate

Maybe READ what the content of my posting was instead of shooting from the hips!

I quoted an article that was in a newspaper, this article SEEMS to be based on facts and unless there is other evidence available, there is no reason to assume that it contains incorrect inforamtion.

What is QUOTED in the posting is NOT my opinion.

Crucially the article doesn't say either that nobody else does illegal stuff, it simply says that out of the 23 that are about to be prosecuted the majority are foreigners.

You now could say that the IRMA maybe specifically targetted foreigners, but that is unlikely as well as they didn't know the identity of the people they went after before the names and addresses were released. Or you could claim that maybe only the foreigners are smart enough to use the potential of the Internet fully. OR you could read into it whatever you want from your point of view.

You EVEN could take my posting as a nice, friendly and caring reminder/warning that if you download 150 GByte per month there MIGHT be the possibility that you will attract the attention of organisations that you don't want to hear from.

You can read it from whatever angle you want, but you CAN'T blame me for what the newspaper wrote. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Cremo wrote:
    also just be wary of breeze too, a lot of people who are online gamers will testify against it.

my mate had it and there was nothing worse than when we were playing a league cs1.6 match and his ping just shoots up to 500ms and after like 2 minutes he disconnects.

in the end it happened so much he got rid of it and got eircom BB

I've gotten one or two jumps in ping times on live but it always sorts itself out after a second. The vast majority of the time it is fine and we get great ping times.

With wireless opearators, it tends to be specific to your area (as in which mast you connect to) for service I think other than Clearwire, Ripwave, Ice and Last Mile which tend to be terrible everywhere.

Sometimes, people complain about a wireless operators service in one area and othes recommend it in other areas. It could just be down to what different people find acceptable of course.

Advertisement