Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another drunk conversation topic

Options
  • 06-07-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

You've been diagnosed with an incurable brain condition where you could die at any moment. Could be the next second, could be in 50 years time. Would you quit your job/college? In that case what if you lived another 50 years, you'd have no money or education. Or you could keep working in that job you hate in the hope you live long, but then die suddenly. Would you tell people you meet? Would you still go out to clubs and the like, knowing that you could pull but possibly die during the secks? What would you do?

I'd probably drop out of college and maybe stop working. Might set up a cause where people donate money to me so I could see and do everything I wanted before I bite the bullet :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I'd quit my job, and if I survived, I'd sue the ass of the bugger who told me I was going to die, thus having lots of money and living happily ever after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

Id quit the job I have now and keep going from job to job doing random stuff each week, like waitress one week, bus driver one week, sex line operator the next etc etc. At least have some variety for the rest of my days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

thats a strange question. if the timeline was a year or two i could understand why one might give up the daily routine and begin a permanent holiday. But 50 years! thats a long time. I'm 27 and i might be dead in 50 years, or then again i might be killed in a freak accident on my way home this evening. Just because you realise that sometime you are going to die doesn't mean you have to drop all responsibility and emigrate to a fantasy world of total enjoyment. sorry about the dull party pooping reply - i'm a narky fecker on a friday afternoon. roll on 5 o clock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

OctavarIan wrote:
    you could die at any moment. Could be the next second, could be in 50 years time.

How is this any different from regular life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

this question is quite stupid really... everyone in the whole world has a condition where they could die at any moment... its called life... you could die in 5 seconds, does that mean you want to quit your job? anyone see my point?

• Advertisement

Its supposed to be a "drunk conversation topic".
    Since when do those topics have to make sense ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Steoob wrote:
    you could die in 5 seconds,

AAAAARRRGHHH.....

>runs for the hills to live as a hermit in the safety of my new cave<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Steoob wrote:
    this question is quite stupid really... everyone in the whole world has a condition where they could die at any moment... its called life... you could die in 5 seconds, does that mean you want to quit your job? anyone see my point?

No, not everyone in the whole world has a condition where they could die at any moment. If you play in traffic then yes you could die at any moment, but the average joe won't. What I mean is that the chance of you just randomly collapsing and dying is now there regardless of physical health or situation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Steoob wrote:
    Indeed, you all have it. Quit now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Archeron wrote:
    AAAAARRRGHHH.....

>runs for the hills to live as a hermit in the safety of my new cave<

Have you not thought about the possible effects of erosion? Nowhere is safe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Shiva wrote:

So basically the topic is "what if you are going to die sometime"..

Its Not very original.. even a drunk person would probably tell you to shut up if you brought that up...

OtavarIan wrote:
    No, not everyone in the whole world has a condition where they could die at any moment. If you play in traffic then yes you could die at any moment, but the average joe won't. What I mean is that the chance of you just randomly collapsing and dying is now there regardless of physical health or situation.
    infact they do... you could walk out your door and a flower pot could fall on your head from 5 stories up... theyre called accident

OT are you drunk already?? it was like half 2 when you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Orange69 wrote:
    How is this any different from regular life?

QFT... welcome to life buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Steoob wrote:
    OT are you drunk already?? it was like half 2 when you posted

No, a clock fell off the wall, flew across the room and hit me in the head. I was bordering on death but miraculously recovered and made this topic. I must have concussion or something.

Also I thought I was dripping blood but turns out it's sarcasm.

OctavarIan wrote:
    No, a clock fell off the wall, flew across the room and hit me in the head. I was bordering on death but miraculously recovered and made this topic. I must have concussion or something.

Also I thought I was dripping blood but turns out it's sarcasm.
    ha...ha?

Orange69 wrote:
    Its Not very original.. even a drunk person would probably tell you to shut up if you brought that up...

You obviously hang out with a higher class of drunk than i do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Steoob wrote:
    infact they do... you could walk out your door and a flower pot could fall on your head from 5 stories up... theyre called accident

Tbh he might be a Highlander, and could well live another couple of thousand years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Shiva wrote:
    good point, anyways, i'm pissed i think, 6 Stellas, bottle of wine down, wine 2 on way, having MSN conversations with a few other pissed peiople, life is fummy right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

enjoyed the thread at first... but I think it might die any second now.... btw I'd become a free prostitute!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I would quit my job, go on to adult dating sites and line up orgies for the rest of my days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement