Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog looking for new home!

Options
  • 06-07-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭

I meet this elderly lady from time to time while walking my dog. This morning she was VERY upset as she is moving house and they dont allow dogs at the new dwellings. She has very few friends and no family to take the dog. I gave her the number of a shelter I know of. But in case they cant take the dog I'm posting here. I think she said it was a border collie,(the dog was not with her) seven years old, very friendly and not hyper active as this breed can sometimes be. I did not get a contact number from her but should be able to get it. She moves early next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I know the Swedes are taking some Border collies at the moment. If you cant find anywhere, you'd probably be best putting the dog into Ashton Pound, a couple of rescues operate out of there, (although it is best to avoid the pound)
    Try www.petsireland.invisionzone.com
    And more details such as sex, neutered? vaccinations? and a photo would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Thanks for the info "Fits". I'm annoyed with myself that I did n't get a contact number from her. Hopefully I'll meet her again before she moves. She has the number for the pound but only wants to go there as a last resort as the dog will probably be put to sleep.

Rigsby wrote:
    I'm annoyed with myself that I did n't get a contact number from her.

I now have this lady's contact number, so if anyone is interested I can PM it to them.

Just thought I'd "bump" this in the hope that someone might be interested.

Advertisement