Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Security Uam Groups - From 2003 to Nt4 systems

• 06-07-2007 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

The Scope -

8 Domain controllers in total -
    7 Of them are old ones Nt4
    last one is a 2003 box
    Several Users Coming from a Nt4 backup ground

The Goal
    Create a Security group in 2003 -
    Add the users into the uam group

Users in term will log onto the 2003 box and be able to carry out there work on the older domain using there 2003 details instead.

On the older boxes create a security group add the users in and and the global security account ( that was created on the 2003 domain )
    apply the same for the remainder of the older boxes.

Trust have been put in place managed to get that all working both ways so thats fine.

Question
    What would be the best way of doing this?
    As i would like the users to be able to login to the newer box but still have there full rights as before to do whatever they need to do on them.

I personaly have very little experience on Nt4 more 2003 and redhat so this is something that i'm not used to dealing with everyday.. :(

Advertisement