Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Regulations

Options
  • 06-07-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

i know all aboutr the increase in gun fees and we have all said out piece, but am i right that they are introducing new regulations for current license holders this year or is what i am hearing a load of bull???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Oh yes, there is a world of change coming and very little of it is good for the shooter. Check out the Criminal Justice Bill of 2006 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

so whats in store for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

3 year licnese
    increase in fess??

lots of stuff afaik some of it is aleady pass or am i dreaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

3 year licnese
    increase in fess??

lots of stuff afaik some of it is aleady pass or am i dreaming

Not sure if you'r dreaming or not ...
    But it does sound like you may have "Nodded off " for a while.. :rolleyes:

This was a pretty hot topic before the elections

stevoman wrote:

Have you been away ? A shooter who doesn't know whats coming, disgraceful

• Advertisement

06-07-2007, 22:05 #6
    bunny shooter

Adverts | Blog | Friends Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevoman

Have you been away ? A shooter who doesn't know whats coming, disgraceful

do ya think im stupid or something? im on the forum the whole time, and have you not read my first post? of course i know about the increases, if i didnt id have to blind and deaf wouldnt i.

im talking about any new regulations for this year coming, as in inspections by safety officers on gunsafes and the such. i heard that they were making some amendents as from this july. i just wanted to know has anybody heard anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

stevoman wrote:
    i just wanted to know has anybody heard anything.

Steve,

I spoke to my local sgt last week and asked about any changes that might be happening as I am a .223 holder. He informed me he had heard nothing about licences or changes etc and to carry on as normal. As far as he is aware it will business as usual on July 31st.

TJ911...

thats great. i was talking to a man who owned a rifle range he said he was expecting changes from this year as regards ownership laws but obviuosly nothing has changed. have you received your renewal yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

stevoman wrote:
    have you received your renewal yet?

Not yet but he informed me that they were on their way & as far as he is aware they will be the same price and format as last year.....

TJ911...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Be nice if a lad could ask a question and get a polite and useful answer, but anyway...

Haven't heard of any changes for this year, reckon myself if there were major changes coming for here and now there'd be a bit of concrete info out on it by now.

Happy shooting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

From what we've heard, no new changes coming in for this licencing round. The three-year licences and the remainder of the CJA changes were due in for next calendar year, but with McDowell gone, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sparks wrote:
    From what we've heard, no new changes coming in for this licencing round. The three-year licences and the remainder of the CJA changes were due in for next calendar year, but with McDowell gone, who knows?

Never voted for any of them that's in now but the new Justice minister has always struck me as a reasonable sort.

stevoman wrote:

do ya think im stupid or something? im on the forum the whole time, and have you not read my first post? of course i know about the increases, if i didnt id have to blind and deaf wouldnt i.

Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to answer these questions .................

Touchy, aren't you

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Sorry for my thickness, i have been busy of late, but, who is the new Minister for Justice?

Thanks,

Keelan.

Brian Lenihan Keelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Thanks Sparks.:)
    Does anyone know what his like?
    Is he as rufless as Mr mc Doole?

Thanks,

Frank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Banjax

I've met him once, while he was minister of state. He's not afraid of hard work, I know that, but I don't think he has any notion of changing what's been put into law so to speak.
    He is not against hunting, I know that. How he feels about firearms I have no clue.

He very well may leave it all to the gardai to utilise the CJA (not B as I've learned) as they see fit.

Banjax wrote:
    He very well may leave it all to the gardai to utilise the CJA (not B as I've learned) as they see fit.
    Not something that would end well for us, methinks...

Advertisement