Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribal Music?

Options
  • 06-07-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Hello :) Wasnt entirely sure where to put this, as there didnt seem to be a World Music forum, so feel free to move where appropriate!!

Lately (mostly through the web) I've been hearing bits and pieces of tribal music from all over the world; Africa, Indonesia, Soloman Islands etc, and I have just found that its such a relaxing way to kick back when your doin something else and your mind isnt entirely focused. So, I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any CDs or collections worth picking up?? I might just take a wander into HMV and make a few random selections, but it'd be nicer to have some input from someone more experienced than myself! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

try some of the pure moods collections, very good for chillaxing! my personal favourite is a piece of music called sweet lullaby by deep forest

its used on this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bNF_P281Uu4

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Heh, believe it or not thats the tune from the Soloman Islands I was talking about - I got my hands on a different remix however. Its a great song. Pure Moods you say?? Cool, I'll have to take a look during the week - though I doubt its easy to get packaged tribal sounds that are remotely organic.. still, anything like the track above would be neat..!

Excellent clip, btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Proximus by Mauro Picotto has a sample from Sweet Lullaby in it I think so might have been something you heard of. Pure Moods has some great tunes on it and some award winning movie scores (I have 1-3).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You could always try Paul Simons Graceland album, he mixes tribal music with soft rock, a brilliant stuff.

Edit: I just thought I'd mention this and I can't believe I forgot about it. Just yesterday I got an album by Armored Saint and there's a song on it called Tribal Dance. It starts of with a really cool tribal beat and slowly builds up into a great metal riff. Really interesting stuff, I've never heard anything quite like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Cool guys, thanks for all the replies; away at the mo, but I'll check out Pure Moods when I get back and mebbe get that track you recommend D.T online :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

actually stick on a bit of Enya if you like the tribal sounds stuff. I find her music quite haunting so in some ways kind of similar but good as well

Advertisement