Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reducing file size

Options
  • 06-07-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

i was wondering if it were possible to reduce the size of a picture file without changing its dimensions. i would like to make a skin for bebo, but the file sizes of my images are too big. perhaps a freeware i can download or something.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

you can compress a JPEG more with some loss in sharpness quality but retain the same amount of pixels. Also try saving as a GIF file. This limits you to 256 colours so beware of posterization!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Post them here, tell me what size you need them, I'll reduce the quality appropriately in Photoshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johnny_paradise

save them as jpeg aand change the quality lower. in marcromediea fireworks,photoshop or even paint... if u have none of yhose try a thing called picture resize genious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

if you are using photoshop go to file>save for web & devices

Bebo needs really small files and using that is the key to doing it

Advertisement