Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Megastore

Options
  • 06-07-2007 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Does anyone shop in virgin megastore for pc games, they are a bit of a rip-off, most games are 10 or 20 euro cheaper in game, i think they just stock the games at new retail prices and they never come down where'as game do the initial 44 euro price then down to 2 for 40 then 2 for 20,

having said that I picked up Jade empire for 12.99 in virgin megastore dundrum, it's still 44 euro in game, the box is absolutely fab, it's tin i think, with cool artwork, very very nice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

MooseJam wrote:
    Does anyone shop in virgin megastore for pc games, they are a bit of a rip-off, most games are 10 or 20 euro cheaper in game, i think they just stock the games at new retail prices and they never come down where'as game do the initial 44 euro price then down to 2 for 40 then 2 for 20,

having said that I picked up Jade empire for 12.99 in virgin megastore dundrum, it's still 44 euro in game, the box is absolutely fab, it's tin i think, with cool artwork, very very nice

The 2nd part of your post kind of voids the first half. You did notice that, right? ;)

They are a rip off for most games.I always go to Game or Smyths or Play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

o1s1n wrote:
    The 2nd part of your post kind of voids the first half. You did notice that, right? ;)

:D ah there were only 2 games that were cheaper, jade empire and dawn of war winter assault which is 13 in virgin and 20 in game, and just to say it again, the Jade empire box is fab, best I've ever seen for a game I think

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think the same can be said of HMV. I always prefered GameStop myself. There's usually a better selection of stuff and the staff always seem pleasant and the games seem cheaper. And they have that "trade two games and €9.99 for a new game" deal which is quite handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

humanji wrote:
    I think the same can be said of HMV. I always prefered GameStop myself. There's usually a better selection of stuff and the staff always seem pleasant and the games seem cheaper. And they have that "trade two games and €9.99 for a new game" deal which is quite handy.
    Yeah but those games have to amount to 60 euro so have to be fairly newish:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well they'll take any amount of games, so if you've a load of crap ones that you don't play anymore, it's handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

They do special offers on some games and make it up off the other ones which stay at full price longer. They try to keep popular items price high and decrease the price of other items to make people think the store has great prices.

In some cases they are just stupid and put the wrong price on it or don't know how popular something is.

That's why its so important to shop around when buying stuff. Most people don't however, even though Irish retailers are ripping us off by charging more than RRP for 360 games at 75 Euro a game. Buy online, don't have a credit card, use V3 or Wirecard to get a virtual credit card.

Advertisement