Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boeing 787 roll out

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aquinas

The point is Boeing is "claiming" they will not be linked. But since Boeing wont give out how it is (or is not linked) and as far as i know they had not had a penetration test against the system. Surely you dont take their word for it?

Bruce Schneider also say about the top post : "The odds of this being perfect are zero," said Bruce Schneier, chief technology officer at the security services firm BT Counterpane."

I woud respect Bruce Schneider opinion on the matter that "it would be the first time in mankind if Boeing managed to secure this"

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/01/hacking_the_boe.html

and see my last post

Also even if there was no physcial connection, it would be fairly easy to script a buffer overflow or similar to get control.....or crash the onbord system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

How can you ground a plane THAT HASN'T COMERCIALLY FLOWN YET??????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aquinas

Very easy to ground a plane that has not commercially flown yet :

(1) put pressure on the FAA pointing out the security flaws.

To qoute : http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,23036773-15306,00.html

As a result of the issue, the FAA imposed special conditions on the 787's information networks that Boeing must meet before the aircraft is launched later this year. Such conditions are regularly imposed during aircraft design.

Boeing should reveal the arthitecture of this so it can be tested if it is really secure. By a third independant 3rd party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

they are hardly gonna launch an aircraft for consumer use before the damn thing is proved safe!

This is regarded as Boeings most important aircraft in a long time, so they are hardly going to allow a potentially unsafe product get released. From a corproate point of view it would be suicide.

Look at the fate of the DeHavilland Comet as an example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Firstly aquinas's information is subject to bias.

Secondly why would boeing take such a lethal risk of linking both the cockpit computer systems and the passenger internet system. Surely an '' intellectual individual '' wouldnt even think of this idea in the first place. So why Boeing? Airbus would slaughter them over this quicker than you can say bomb.

Thirdly, I cant wait to fly this baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

gross.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Advertisement