Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News: Microsoft to discontinue partnership with Pearson Vue

Options
  • 06-07-2007 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Microsoft are to discontinue providing exams through Pearson Vue, leaving Prometric as their sole supplier of certifications.

Pearson will continue to sell exams until the 31ts of August, and if you book before then you will be able to sit your exam up until the 31st of December. Further details are to follow in the next few months.

On her blog, Microsoft's Trika Harms zum Spreckel says:
    By working with one exam delivery partner, Microsoft Learning will be able to get more efficient--ultimately improving how things go for you when you're working on a Microsoft Certification. In my understanding, this could mean that you'll see things like faster roll-out of new testing technologies (maybe you've heard that our goal is to have simulations in every MCTS exam in the future?); a more consistent testing environment (i.e. security, comfort, equipment, moderating...); efficiencies in getting the exams we release (hundreds every year) to a test center near you; more efficient and integrated reporting of your records (this one is near and dear to my heart--perhaps it is to yours, too, if you've ever had to merge your records...); less complicated troubleshooting, and therefore faster resolution, of any reporting or testing issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Muppets. I wonder how much money the folks involved with this decision got in their brown envelopes.

Advertisement