Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News: CompTIA retire i-Net+

Options
  • 06-07-2007 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

CompTIA will retire their i-Net+ on December 31st. If you have already purchased a voucher to sit the exam, it will be valid until the same date. There is to be no replacement exam.

According to the press release:
    CompTIA i-Net+ was established in January of 2000 as a benchmark certification for individuals who maintained and developed Web-related content and applications. In recent years, these job roles have evolved. Market research and feedback from certification users indicates that the number of Internet-only jobs roles has declined, and IT professionals engaged in the development of Web-related applications have taken on additional, broader responsibilities. CompTIA offers a number of other certifications that are appropriate for these IT professionals.

Current holders of i-Net+ will not find their certifications invalid, and will still have access to CompTIA Career ID services.

Advertisement