Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

albufeira, portugal

• 06-07-2007 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

going there end of july. Anyone been? any tips or ideas prior to going would be good.

Thanks

eggie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭AMHRASACH

. . yeah, keep ouhha da sun . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eggie

not exactly the reply i was expecting but thanks for your advice.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Its made up of the old town and new town. The old town (where we stayed) is closer to the beaches, restaurants bars etc... but is a bit basic. The new town is not as close to the amenities but offers a little more luxury/modern living.

Personally I much preferred the old town as you could just leave the apartment and do whatever you want.

We found a great restaurant up in the hills, which is family run and the food is fantastic, but you will need to get a taxi there. Can't remember what it was called, but someone local will probably tell you where to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yes there's an old town and a new town.
    It's really depends what kind of holiday your after. If you wanna relax and have a quiet few days away, stick to the old town, some lovely restraunts and bars. If your going on a mad one and want to get lamped every night the new town is the place to head. New town is full of loud bars and drunk people (at night!). We found a mix of the 2 struck a good balance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Yes there's an old town and a new town.
    It's really depends what kind of holiday your after. If you wanna relax and have a quiet few days away, stick to the old town, some lovely restraunts and bars. If your going on a mad one and want to get lamped every night the new town is the place to head. New town is full of loud bars and drunk people (at night!). We found a mix of the 2 struck a good balance...

I found the same. New town is a bit on the tacky side...although i spent many a night drunk doin karaoke in the old town!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭tech

Old Albuferia is lovely , camped ther in 2005 for 1.5 weeks lovely beaches lovely camp sites lovely restraunts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Eh.....i'm wondering how old you are and who you're going with coz its a major Family/Couples place. it wouldnt be a place to go with a group of mates I DONT THINK. but maybe i wasnt in enough of it. we were in a place about 10 Minutes away with Bugger all in it so we hired a car and went in there a few nights. i'm 24 but it was a Fambly Holiday so its not like i wanted to go mad. lol

Advertisement