Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long shot - hiring mtb for a day?

Options
  • 06-07-2007 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

i'm visiting dublin for a few days next weekend (from overseas). i'm not going to bring my bike with me, but i would like to go for an offroad spin.

is there anywhere in south/west dublin where i can hire a decent mtb for a day (maybe two ?) - i guess there will be some people going out for the day (maybe mad mtb) or i could go around hellfire/masseys for a quick spin.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Joe Daly's in Dundrum used to rent out MTB's years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

UCD bike shop rent bikes... whether they rent mountain bikes I don't know.

Try giving them a ring on +353-1-716-1697

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shaymoboy

I think Cycleways of Parnell street rent Treck mountain bikes.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

thanks for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rigel4

Hello,
    I'm from MAD. A lot of people look for bikes to rent in Dublin but few ever find them. Cycleways rent Specialized Hardrocks that are kitted out for City use. i think it's about 25euro a day. They won't be much use for off-road (slick tyres). I'm a student in UCD as well, but never realised they rented bikes...no harm in trying them anyway.

You might also look in the phone book for shops such as The Cycle Inn (Tallaght), The Cycle Superstore (also Tallaght), The Bike Rack (Cabinteely), Cyclelogical (City Centre - Ha'Penny Bridge). I'm pretty sure the cycle inn will let you rent a Demo bike for the day...not sure of the cost though.

If you are able to rent one can you let me know? I often have people enquiring about renting bikes!

Nigel

• Advertisement
Advertisement