Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short-term accommodation

Options
  • 06-07-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey ppls,

Im just wondering if anybody can help me on this little issue :)

I have a foreign friend planning on doing a 3 week course in NUIG, and because she booked it late she has been told there is no room left in the campus accomodation,

Can anybody help me, maybe give some advice on the best place to look for accomodation, as i said before the course is only 3 weeks long and she plans to leave Galway after that.

Is there such thing as very short term leasing near NUIG, I know im probably asking an impossible task but any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

cwynnes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try local hostels and B&B to see if they will give a weekly rate.

You don't say when the course is, I imagine Galway is full of tourists at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

As victor said, I'd say the hostel is your best bet. Or a quiet B&B would likely give you a discount if they know they're staying for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

Thanks for the quick replys :)

The course is starting on the 28th of July and 3 weeks from there on

Thanks again...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

cwynnes wrote:
    Thanks for the quick replys :)

The course is starting on the 28th of July and 3 weeks from there on

Thanks again...

That's the end of the Arts Festival and start of Galway Races - there will be absolutely NO accommodation available that week in Galway anywhere, people going to the races are even staying 20 miles out of town cos everywhere is booked out. Sorry to be bearing bad news, but she'll do well to find anywhere to stay at that time...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
Advertisement