Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cragg sets European 3000m lead time

• 06-07-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

Cragg ran 7:40.31 in the 3000m at the Golden League in Paris tonight. This time is nearly 3 seconds faster then the previous EL by Espana of Spain. Looks like he's in good shape. Can't wait to see which event he goes for in Osaka seeming as though he has the 1500m, 5000m and
    10000m standards.

Result:

1 Kipsiro Moses UGA 7:39.02 20
    2 Ebuya Joseph KEN 7:39.53 16
    3 Songok Boniface Kiprotich KEN 7:40.21 14
    4 Soi Edwin Cheruiyot KEN 7:40.30 12
    5 Cragg Alistair Ian IRL 7:40.31 10
    6 Mosop Moses KEN 7:45.83 8
    7 Cheruiyot Jonas KEN 7:46.10 6
    8 El Amri Khalid MAR 7:46.45 4
    Kipsang Churchill KEN DNF 0
    Rotich Laban KEN DNF 0
    España Jesús ESP DNS 0
    Gebremariam Gebre-egziabher ETH DNS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Just to add to the results...

Derval O Rourke, Gillick and Deirdre Ryan all won last night in Budapest, while Boyle finished third in 100m and Fleming 2ns in LJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Cragg 3rd in Monaco tonight in 7:32.49.

He's in great form just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

That's superb running by Cragg. I saw him walking around Santry on Sunday and was very disappointed when he opted out. His performance tonight proved the wisdom of that decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

http://www.flocasts.com/flotrack/coverage.php?c=69&id=4451

Cragg interview after his 13:07 on saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

It was mentioned in a another post here that Cragg had to run in the nationals to be allowed compete in Osaka. Is this the case? and if so what is the story with Cragg, will he be allowed run in Osaka? From what I see he ran on Saturday in Belgium, didn't run on Sunday and then ran last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Why would he have to run the nationals? A new rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Linford wrote:
    It was mentioned in a another post here that Cragg had to run in the nationals to be allowed compete in Osaka. Is this the case? and if so what is the story with Cragg, will he be allowed run in Osaka? From what I see he ran on Saturday in Belgium, didn't run on Sunday and then ran last night.

On the advice of the AAI doctor Bill Cuddihy he didn't run so I reckon he is alright because of that. Last year he ran the nationals when not 100% and ended up blowing up in the Euros. We need him to get to Osaka in top shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Dodge wrote:
    Why would he have to run the nationals? A new rule?

I think there was a rule passed by the IAAF that athletes have to compete in their nationals to qualify for selection for the world championships.

Cragg ran in the 5000 heats on Saturday which, I'm assuming, gets him by the above conditions of having to take part in the nationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Clum wrote:
    I think there was a rule passed by the IAAF that athletes have to compete in their nationals to qualify for selection for the world championships.

Cragg ran in the 5000 heats on Saturday which, I'm assuming, gets him by the above conditions of having to take part in the nationals.
    Cheers, didn't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Clum wrote:

Who ya coddin'? There were 25 finishers in the final on Sunday, so there was no heats. Anyway, he ran in Belgium on Saturday, so he hardly ran a heat on Saturday afternoon, then flew to Belgium and ran 13:07 on Saturday night.

As already stated, he was excused by the AAI doctor.

I was a bit miffed not to see him race on Sunday, but I also understand. There are bigger fish to fry than Martin Fagan and Gary Murray, no disrespect intended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Slow coach wrote:
    Who ya coddin'?

My bad, I misread this story and thought it referred to the heats but it actually refers to Belgium....

cragg warms up

Advertisement