Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new development - harmony hill -john st

Options
  • 06-07-2007 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

does anyone know what outlet is going in there?? and while im at it, any ideas on whos gioing into the old wood's site on castle st....they call the development castlewood?
    JK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The Woods premises was bought by Kevin Quinn AFAIK and he's building a new pub there.

As for the other building I don't know who's it is but it is a nice job!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, that building at the bottom of Harmony Hill looks fantastic.

Absolutely no sign of what's going in there alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

We are certainly getting a lot of nice new buildings around the place , finding something for them to do seems to be another matter

gustavo wrote:
    We are certainly getting a lot of nice new buildings around the place , finding something for them to do seems to be another matter
    :(
    That's a very worrying thing! I only hope that "the man" know's what he's doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

basquille wrote:

Empty apartments probably, if similar developments are anything to go by...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The old Wood's shop is going to be two retail units to the front on Castle Street. At the rear its a restaurant and bar. The usual apartments above. I have a shop in this area and am looking foward to it bringing a bit of life back to this side of town.

PM to Muffler - I DIDN'T ADVERTISE MY SHOP!

Disclaimer: I have no connections with the development on Castle Street, Sligo. (Or anywhere else actually)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I took a photo of the building today, it does look like its going to be some kind of little shopping centre.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/847277070/

All the boys in the Hi-Vis Jackets!
    How many does it take to change a light blub?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looks impressive, but doesn't really fit in with Trad John Street but I suppose Sligo is changing hope the town planners are controlling this sensibly

Not really! If they were we wouldn't have loads of empty apartments round the place!

But we'll see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote:

I'd have to agree it does look absolutely fantastic. Hopefully it isn't left lying empty.

I have it on good authority that Permanent TSB are going into the building in question!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cartoncowboy

Now that would be a v good move for the TSB as their current spot in O'Connell St is way too small. Its a nightmare of a place with constant queues out the door. i had to switch banks cos i couldnt stand it any more and no Ex-Mafia dude was going to tell me otherwise :)

Permanant TSB - Queueing Only Better.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Now that would be a v good move for the TSB as their current spot in O'Connell St is way too small. Its a nightmare of a place with constant queues out the door. i had to switch banks cos i couldnt stand it any more and <SNIP> was going to tell me otherwise :)

Edit by muffler: I dont know anything about the personalities in Sligo but just be careful with your posts

I believe cartoncowboy was referring those atricous Permanent TSB adverts!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

basquille wrote:
    I believe cartoncowboy was referring those atricous Permanent TSB adverts!

;)
    possibly right with that basquille but dual accounts is something else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I thought the biulding at thye bottom of Harmony Hill was going to be a bank.....Bank of Scotland or Halifax I think but I may be wrong.....seems to be taking a while to get it finished(just like everything else in this town)

bobcar61 wrote:
    I thought the biulding at thye bottom of Harmony Hill was going to be a bank..
    Shot in the dark but maybe.... just maybe..... a Permanent TSB!? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

and no Ex-Mafia dude was going to tell me otherwise :)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Matter of taste I guess, but I don't like the look of that building at all. The middle cyclinder with legs reminds me of R2D2.

Be surprised if it were a bank as most of them are closing down branches rather than opening new ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

nice building, but can you imagine what its going to be like after a saturday night at the 4 lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Unlikely to be a bank, there does not seem to be anywhere to put an ATM.

Be a vary handy location for an ATM.

There is an ATM at Permanent TSB in O'Connell St and three in Gratton/Castle St. 2 in beside E.J's Menswear and one in the new Centra on Castle St.

Also one in Tesco Arcade.

Plenty really!

Advertisement