Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twin Walled Alloy Flues

Options
  • 06-07-2007 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hello all…

I was thinking of fitting a solid fuel range in my house and using a twin-walled Alloy flue. Has anyone here done this with a range in a two story house?

My plumber is a bit apprehensive about this and is going to drop off a 20 foot X 6” wavin pipe, we’ll put it up and use a smoke pellet to test it and see if we can get a draw…
    It would be a nice solution if it worked, and cost effective at about €1500 for the pipe and all the bits….

Appreciate the input…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't know about alloy, but I have twinwall stainless flue.
    Apparently twinwall is much better for draw due to it keeping more heat inside and therefore increasing the convection-flow.
    The price of the flue was more than the stove!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

stainless flue

yep Cj that's the one, we're to do a test and see if a pipe will work, and I'm getting a price on a chimney just in case...
    But would like a bit of feed back from peepz who have fitted a solid flue range/stove and ran the pipe up the gable of a two story house...does it draw well, or sometimes smoke etc...
    All input welcomed...

Advertisement