Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV refunds

Options
  • 06-07-2007 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Ok, so today I bought a contarption that would supposedly allow me to charge my creative zen via adapter in HMV. it said on the box it was compatible with creative zen but it did not detail which models exactly. When purchasing it i asked the guy working in there if it would charge my zen vision m. he said 'it should' and i then asked him if it didnt work could i take it back. He said I could. when i brought it home I found it didn't work with my Zen Vision M. I don't know if it is flawed or if is not designed to work with my Vision.

On my receipt it says refunds are allowed in cases of purchase through error or unwanted gifts. My case falls into neither category. I plan on returning the charger to the shop when i am next in town. am i entitled to a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Yes you are entitled to a refund. In consumer law one of the main reasons a supplier has to give you a refund is if the goods ' are not fit for the purpose intended'. you asked the salesperson too, so demand a refund. They are legally not allowed to refuse in these circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

BigL90 wrote:
    I don't know if it is flawed or if is not designed to work with my Vision.

You need to find this out and there is no reason a few minutes on google won't get you this info.
    If it's compatible, get a refund as it's faulty

If it's not compatible then anything the sales guy promises becomes a condition of sale.
    Do you have his name, it might be on the receipt?
    You'll get your refund, just do it in the next few days, not the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

By him actully telling that you could take it back if it does not work for you is a contract you've made with him. You're not allowed break contracts. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Usually you would only be due store credit as it is a change of mind situation,i.e if you had just bought it without asking anything you would not be entitled to a refund. But since you asked him and he didn't raelly give you are a very could answer (it should!??) then you should ask for a refund.

Advertisement