Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightroom v Aperture

• 07-07-2007 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

For all you Mac heads out there, I've done a side-by-side comparison of a shot processed in both Aperture and Lightroom, you can see the results here.

My early conclusion is that Lightroom is the winner, I'm able to get more subtleties out of it when developing images captured in RAW, plus it's got a reasonably funky ability to export all the crap necessary to do web-based galleries in either flash or html.

Aperture is €319
    Lightroom is €301

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi HughCal,

I was wondering which one you would recommend for a novice in digital photography and photo processing. One of the biggest issues for me is photo backups or workflow as it seems to be called.

I would like to be able to take photos, then dump them onto my machine. One this is done I would like to be able to select which images I think are the best and put them into a collection, edit them if needs be and then publish them to be it an album on online album etc. I would like to have a backup of all the origional images from the camera and also a backup of the collections, albums and published items. Which of the two would best support this setup or could you possibly make any recommendations as to what would be the best setup?

I have a Mac Mini and a PC so Ive used both iPhoto and Picasa so far. I like Picasa better as it has a much more intuitive interface than iPhoto (which I was personally shocked at how bad its interface was). Opinions or suggestions welcome from anyone. :-)

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

personally i think Lightroom v anything has only one winner - even non photography related items (and not only software either..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

So what do people use for their digital photography workflow?

Advertisement