Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffie's

Options
  • 07-07-2007 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey all,
    First post in this forum.

Anyway, i saw the tread on the german shepards(some lovely dogs there)and wanted to introduce you to my staff and see is there many people on here with them?? Heres a few pics of him, there not great cause the poor little fella is afraid of the camera, he's name is Mikey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

oh he's such a handsome boy - such a clever little face too ;) I don't have staffie's myself but I've yet to meet one that I didn't fall for ever so slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Mikey is gorgeous. I'll admit I never owned one but met a good few - all total pets :) Good for you starting this thread - will keep an eye on this thread and wish I had more dogs! If I had the money, land and god knows what, I'd set up a kennels/rescue centre for doggies!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

He's a handsome dog - lovely colouring and coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

They're great dogs. Here's a pic of mine. Her name is Shrek. Isn't she cute? She's the best dog ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rugger

Staffies simply has to be the most endearing and loving dogs breed ever- they would sooner go without food and water for 3 days in return for lovbe and attention

The ultimate companion:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

rugger wrote:
    Staffies simply has to be the most endearing and loving dogs breed ever- they would sooner go without food and water for 3 days in return for lovbe and attention

The ultimate companion:D

Thats exactly the way he is, once he's getting a bit of attention he forgets about everything else.

@lisa, shes lovely!!

Tyson!!!:)

He is lovely rugger! Does he like the water much?? My little fella hates it, i tryed to carry him in a couple times but felt bad when he starts doing the puppy cry so couldnt go through with it! How old is he? And where did you get the color?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

rugger wrote:
    Tyson!!!:)

Did you steal my Dog???:p your tyson and my Trudy are verly alike!!! :eek:

Trudy:

226293077a3892847951b773615571l.jpg
    273873316a1417473728b749961578l.jpg

Camera phone pics:
    Image000.jpg
    Image003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

No offence to all the staffy lovers here but... I can't help but butt in and say that i really dislike this breed of dogs, they are ugly. I also have a personal gripe against them as one who was owned by a less than sweet old lady almost killed my a wee lab cross of mine. Evil evil.

• Advertisement

He is lovely rugger! Does he like the water much?? My little fella hates it, i tryed to carry him in a couple times but felt bad when he starts doing the puppy cry so couldnt go through with it! How old is he? And where did you get the color?

Thanks BC
    He loves the water, straight into whenever we get to a lake, then he realises that he's not a swimmer at all and makes sharp U-turn for the shore- legs to short to carry 24Kg's!!!:D

Got him from a Breeder in Galway- Mandy, Clover Kennels-she aslo does Japanese Akita's. Good reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Well i think Lab cross are ugly mongrels

no offence to lab cross owners

Neacy69- really lovely, and yes, they are very scimilar- she looks a real pet!!:p

No offence to all the staffy lovers here but... I can't help but butt in and say that i really dislike this breed of dogs, they are ugly. I also have a personal gripe against them as one who was owned by a less than sweet old lady almost killed my a wee lab cross of mine. Evil evil.

Ur entitled to your opinion greenkittie. Sorry to hear about your dog- I cant judge the incident cos I did not see it, but I can only imagine an old lady would hardly bring her dog up to be aggressive and without love- maybe something underlying caused the incident.

Tyson might be the ugliest dog in the world- but in my eyes he is gorgeous- thats all that counts;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brian29

No animal sales allowed.Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brian29

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The staffs are 1 of the most human friendly dogs you can possibly get, so much so that there crap guard dogs!! it
    really annoys me when people talk crap about pit dogs, i have a rotty and my mother in law hated rottys till she seen mine and loved it, she had to ask me was he really a rotty as she was expecting a devil dog, same happens staffs all the time, people love them till the pit name is used then the stereotyping kicks in, i had a kerry blue and they look soft but can be absolute savages when it comes to other dogs, my rotty runs up to other dogs to play and my lab is more of a bully, but she's a good girl too!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Well i dont really like humans cause one almost killed me with her car. No offence to all you car / human owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

@everyone -What gorgeous dogs! Anyone I know with one or a cross of one says they're the best companions.

@greenkitty - Who's 'evil evil' really, the dog or its owner?? I'm sure you know as a previous dog owner who's really responsible.

And what made you think any one of us would want to hear your opinion in the first place, the fact that you began your post with "no offence to staff lovers" you knew that "staff lovers" would get offended.

In a way Homer would say it, Personal opinions are ok, once you keep them to yourself", in a case like this anyway.

I start a tread for staffie lovers of the site and you come on with your negativity then. Why would you even bother??
    Because you had one bad episode with a staffie now there all evil?
    Ive seen some viscious labs and lab crosses in my time but i wouldnt tar them all with the same brush. Its not a dogs fault, its a muppet on the other end of the lead.

I really dont understand how people can be so stupid sometimes and buy into media propaganda so much, "oh it says in the papper that bull terriers are all evil and will kill you with there big strong steel crushing jaws" lets run and hide when we see one but not before we throw the owner a dirty look for owning one. Speaking of bull terrier jaws, can any begrudger show me proff that there jaws actually "lock", thats absolute b****x.

Bull terriers and other breeds that were originally bread for dog fighting are the only breeds in exsistance that were bread not to bite humans!

Sorry to everyone else about the bit of a rant but its just people are really getting on my nerves these days about so called "dangerous dog breeds"!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odi0XlI-4_g
    Take a look at this greenkitty and enlighten yourself!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭alexdenby6

at the demo i met a woman who had two staffies and the council has threatened to take them off her on monday morning. she is having the dogs, lovely creatures looked after somewhere else. she had a pup about 3 months old sweetest thing i've seen in a long time, had her wrapped up in my jumper and she started licking my face. gorgeous animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I love staffies, beautiful dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

http://animal.discovery.com/breedselector/dogprofile.do?id=2090

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire_bull_terrier

And to think I'm searching for one of these beast's, I'm sh*tting myself :rolleyes:

Mairt We're Waiting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

I start a tread for staffie lovers of the site and you come on with your negativity then. Why would you even bother??

burnt, there is always some muppet who wants to p*ss someone off by posting like that. Anyone with half a brain knows that it's a human's fault somewhere along the line, and if they don't then they should stay away from dogs. Staffies are adorable, but then again I'd be suckered in by anything with four legs and a tail. Try not to let greenkittie get to you. I was bitten by a lab cross, and I would never blame lab crosses. I know it was my own fault, even as a child I should have known better.

Love the video and spoil your dog rotten:D .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Bump!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i have one staffy and a bulldog they are great pets and they love the attention.i have three kids and they love playing with each other anyone wants to say things bad about the breeds are just jelous;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

Lovely to see all your photos of your staffies - what sweet dogs they are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

aw, they are gorgeous, I especially love the squidgy pup pic!
    they might look tough but they are just so soft, affectionate and adorable!
    It's stupid to hate a breed because you had a bad experience with an individual dog, I've been bitten by a jrt x but I still like jrts! (especially the dog in question since it was my fault anyway lol) a kerry blue went for my dog but she was a very people-friendly dog (even though she shouldn't have been wandering around the road anyway but that's owners for you!) It's nearly always the owners fault if a dog is aggressive..... I'm anti-the chavs that you often see hauling a staffie around to make them look like the big man! not the dogs, I'm sure they are as soft as butter under their thick leather harnesses and tough chains/spike collars! It's really pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

OMG I absolutly love staffys!! when we were looking to get a dog, all i wanted was one! But we got a lab x instead (now I know people are saying lab xs r ugly .. but I wouldn't change my yoke for anything ha!)

Plus my dad thinks that getting a "dangerous" dog would not be a good image for a family pet!

I'm so planning on getting one when I'm older and a doberman! I just think that they're so undeniably cute!

Actually while I'm talking about this, does anyone know if staffys are good with horses?

Advertisement