Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer + Tomato Juice

• 07-07-2007 9:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Brothers, I was hangin round with some Canucks last night and they put me on to this.

2 things worth mentionin

1)it tasteslovely
    2) Virtually no hangover today

So anyone else tried it

Anyone know a name for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fruit based drink for the ladies?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yes, it's called A Sin Against Nature. It's just wrong Brother Mahatma, and it is your duty to sort out those Canuckistanians so that they don't indulge in this nonsense any further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The only thing they should be adding to their beer is more beer. Educate them on the finer arts of proper drinking etiquette and they should be all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Surely anything that reduces the woes of the day after are worth considering?

I have rehydration sachets before bed after a session, then honey and green tea with freshly-squeezed lemon juice the next morning. The hangover is deftly defused and I can continue to booze then once it gets to midday and it's "okay" to drink again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

my point exactly brother Iguana, I was sceptical about it at first but it tastes like Pizza in a glass and the lack of hangover meant it was worth a mention

• Advertisement

Those casting aspersions on this bold and innovative concoction need to take a long, hard look at themselves and ask are they drinking as much as they might be? And, if not, how can they increase their stamina and transform themselves into men the calibre of me + the OP?

You owe it yourselves, men - tomato juice in your Stella from now on.

rediguana wrote:
    Surely anything that reduces the woes of the day after are worth considering?

I have rehydration sachets before bed after a session

I agree Brother rediguana, and such items are worth considering. Eliminating the worst effects of a hangover in order to be able to drink more is the Holy Grail of the Brotherhood.
    rediguana wrote:
    then honey and green tea with freshly-squeezed lemon juice the next morning

However, this sounds decidedly metrosexual, and you know what we think of that sort of thing around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

rediguana wrote:

You owe it yourselves, men - tomato juice in your Stella from now on.

I'm willing to keep an open mind. I'll try one of these stellato's.

zaph wrote:

However, this sounds decidedly metrosexual, and you know what we think of that sort of thing around here.

If you want to beef it up, you can always make it an "Irish" Green Tea.

(Internal voice: Don't tell them about the Innocent smoothies and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs you also utilise in your post-booze recovery drive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I find the best cure for a hangover is a pair of testicles - ya bunch of old women :D

Since I started only drinking real beer and passing on the fairy liquid in a glass that is Budweiser/Henieken/Carlsberg I haven't had a hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

The-Rigger wrote:
    Fruit based drink for the ladies?

Exactly! Remember, brothers, whenever you are in doubt or are unsure about a drink that is being offered to you, a simple solution as to whether you should drink it or not is to recall Al Murray's mantra on the subject:

"It's a PINT for the fella, a glass of white wine or fruit-based drink for the lady!"

If you remember that, it should keep you out of trouble and on the straight and narrow, my brothers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

A hangover is gods way of letting you know you alive, its like pain but worse.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you say tomato, i say fcuk you!. only joking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Brothers, I was hangin round with some Canucks last night and they put me on to this.

2 things worth mentionin

1)it tasteslovely
    2) Virtually no hangover today
    So anyone else tried it

Never tried it, just like I've never tried sex with another man.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Gah! :eek:

how could you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

This does not sound appealing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

it tastes like Pizza in a glass
    Like when you get sick into a pint glass after scoffing a pizza and sinking a shed load of pints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I find the best cure for a hangover is a pair of testicles - ya bunch of old women :D

I find the best cure for a hangover is more beer ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i worked in a pub in england and that was the standard hangover cure, pint glass with a bottle of bud and a bottle of tomato juice - i feel sick even thinking about it, but they all swore by it

Well in fairness it could only improve the Bud.

• Advertisement
Advertisement