Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying for atwo 9 year olds and 7 year old

Options
  • 07-07-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Ok my lads need new bikes the are typical boys and cant garentee the bikes will be looked after the way they should. Live in the north west and wondering what's best for them and best place for me to buy them in. Would you recomend bmx style or mountain bike style Thanks for any help as having to buy three pushes up the cost and would like to get them something decent if the price is right

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

If you buy,

I recommend buying from a bike shop, you will pay 50 - 70 euro more each but they are worth it.

9 year olds - 26 inch wheels - mountain bike tyres - reduces number of punctures. Buy a frame that the seat is at its lowest while they are on their tippy toes. (not flat feet) in three - four mounth they will grow that much.

7 years try to squeeze them on to a 24 inch wheel. Do not go overboard with a vast number of gears, they do not get used. Also shock absorbers only add weight, and can increase the work of cycling.

And a helmet each!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an 11 year old who says he would rather be 'gay' than wear a helmet.

my response is I would be happier to see him 'gay' than dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

roadmanmad wrote:
    And a helmet each!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an 11 year old who says he would rather be 'gay' than wear a helmet.

my response is I would be happier to see him 'gay' than dead.
    I recently bought a helmet for my 2 year old niece. A co-worker tells his 3 year old daughter that she can only use the helmet when she's on the bike, so increasing the novelty of it.
    If I have any kids they'll have helmets very early. I'll probably leave the padded shorts for a few years. :p

Advertisement