Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V+W Recycling Drogheda?

Options
  • 07-07-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what time this place closes on a Saturday? Their websites gone down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

3 pm on Saturdays. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Good stuff....now we both know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

these kind of places should be open longer hours and sats and sundays to enable more folk to be in a position to use them.

Have to disagree with you there Dundalk Daily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Well in my opinion and from experience many folks wouldnt get a chance to visit these facilities during the week, so that only leaves a Sat morn.

• Advertisement

Up until 3pm on a Saturday is fine. I'd be happy with 12.30. Some people working in places like this deserve a weekend just like the rest of us ya know.

Many folks???? You mean people out on Friday that won't get up on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thanks for the info. I guess its the society we live in now that expects 24 X 7 service. Personally if it was open till 12:30 (and afaik that used to be the case) I'd just make sure to get down before 12:30. Saturday is the only day that I could avail of the centre though due to work etc. Its great to have it in Drogheda as it has taken over from my green bin tags at €8 a go too €2 a month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

From experience, it's a bit manic there on Saturdays - I've been blocked in (I drive a small jeep & the car behind didn't leave me any space to open the back door!), kids running round (great playground, guys!) and people getting in each other's way as they walk up and down to put their recycling in the correct area.
    Be prepared !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pirateireland

Does anyone know the weekly hours? The crowd in Dundalk have an operational website they run 9am to 6pm odd.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

I think the hours for Drogheda are the same as Dundalk - 9am - 6pm Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm Sat. Closed Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

One near us here in Dublin ( I come back to Drogheda at the weekend) even opens on bank holidays and until 7 weekdays :eek:

I believe that would indeed be many folks, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Up until 3pm on a Saturday is fine. I'd be happy with 12.30. Some people working in places like this deserve a weekend just like the rest of us ya know.

I work in retail, I don't get a "weekend just like the rest of us"!:mad:

There's a thing called shift work? Works great for people who have to mind their children or college students who like to earn a few bob while "the rest of us":rolleyes: have their weekend.off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pirateireland

gipi wrote: »
    I think the hours for Drogheda are the same as Dundalk - 9am - 6pm Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm Sat. Closed Sunday.

Thanks, I was out at the Drogheda center 9.30 - 6 Mon-fri and 9-3 Sat.
    :)

Advertisement