Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fat boy wants some food

• 07-07-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Im working on Parnell street at the moment, and Im getting tired of the lack of places to eat around here for lunch.Usually I just get something out of the chipper below my building, but its not as good as say a kebab, or a PROPER burger, none of this McDonalds / Burger King crap.

Could anyone suggest a decent place for pizza, curry, or kebab around the Dublin 1 area? Or would even deliver to it? (Iskanders dont deliver afaik :'( )

Comments

Pizza: Mizzoni's on Dorset St. (not sure about opening hours/delivery times). Also, Rayhoon do a lunch special of any pizza + garlic bread + drink for €10)

"proper" Burgers: Cinelli's on Parnell Square, or Del Rio's on the bottom of Marlborough St.

Kebab: The only place worth mentioning is Istanbul in the Epicurean Food Hall on Abbey St. There used to be a great Lebanese place on Abbey st as well but tis now closed down :(

As for Chinese food, you're spoiled for choice. On Parnell St. itself there are about 3/4 that are decent. Some keep changing their names, so it's hard to keep up but i think they're called: New Oriental Palace, Charming Noodles, and a Korean place that i can't think of beside charming noodles whose name escapes me.

Best of all, there's a Chinese beside the Tax office (cathedral st........beside B. King on O'Connell st.) called The Golden Chinese. They're by far the best one in town.

One last thing, if you don't look too old (i.e. you could pass as a Student) you could always go into the canteen in the D.I.T. on Cathal Brugha St. They do a carvery style dinner with 3/4 options every day. All for €4.70. It's brilliant. Frazers on O'Connell st also do a decent carvery, but it's about €10.

Happy eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a litle italian opposite stringfellows, very nice indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Do stringfellows do food?

Actually, thought they closed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

it is closed, i just used it as a reference to location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

just up behind parnell street on north king street there are a few indian take aways, one of them (the red one) does a damn nice kebab with naan bread plus toppings etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Was in Hop House opposite Fibbers on Parnell St. for lunch yesterday, very very nice. €7.90 for a large serving of a lovely Korean dish, service is quick too so you'll be in and out during your lunch break no problem.

Advertisement