Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone had a Shiba Inu dog ?

Options
  • 07-07-2007 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Well some people might have read my post about my labrador retriver dying last week ,, my family are thinking about getting another dog (not yet in around oct when everyone back from hols etc) they dont want another big dog .. i myself dont like terriers or toy dogs .. i was looking at siberian huskies and Alaskan Malamute , they look really nice but are too big & can be diffecult to handle according to what i read .. i then was thinking any wolf looking dogs are nice looking & i came across Shiba Inu ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiba_Inu

and

http://www.littlewolf.com/

they look really nice and are not very tall or heavy .. does anyone have one ?
    what is she/he like ? i read they are good housebreakers when pups .. thats important i think .. but can be a bit hard to train .. good for apartments & kids, but not so good with other dogs .. when your walking yours does it start barking at other dog or what then ? if anyone has one , tell me about it .. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

I don't own a Shiba Inu but I have trained that breed of dog and they are absolutely fab dogs and they are not necessarily difficult to train, it depends on the dog, it's the same with any breed some are easier and some are a little harder to train.

Good Luck:)
    Annika

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I own one, he pretty much housetrained himself. Tends to be very domineering towards other males but okay with females usually. He never barks at a dog though

He's an absolute ball of fun to own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭marystar

hey bambi when you say he is dominering with males .. like what does he do around them ? we wont have any other dogs so i dont have to worrry about fighting at home ... as long as theres no fighting when out on walks , trips to the vet etc :) .. when you said males , you meant male dogs right ? not people ?

Can anyone recommend a good breeder ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

A lady by the name of Carole breeds Japanese shiba inu. Check out her website at www.abbeyfealeboardingkennels.com She is a dog groomer and runs a kennels and cattery in co Kerry.

Nicola :)

Advertisement