Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP Problem

• 07-07-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Every time I turn on my PC a blue screen comes up just after windows starts to load. It says "Unmountable Boot Volume" and says try starting the PC in safe which I tried but its still the same. any ideas??
    I'm using Windows XP.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hard drive is most likely knackered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

If it is the hard drive and I replace it where can I get windows XP on cd to re-install it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Did you not get a cd with your PC??

It will probably say Restore CD or something like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

jonny24ie wrote:
    Did you not get a cd with your PC??

It will probably say Restore CD or something like that!!
    No I don't have the restore CD unfortunatly. Its an old Dell 2200 I got for nothing and all the CD's etc that came with it are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'll pop this over to the windows forum where it belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Cucullan wrote:
    No I don't have the restore CD unfortunatly. Its an old Dell 2200 I got for nothing and all the CD's etc that came with it are gone.

You might be able to call Dell and order a replacement but it's not too difficult to buy a new copy if need be.

Now before doing that though you might want to verify the HD is busted if you open up the PC and take a look at the make of the HD you can download a diagnostic utility from the makers website which can tell if if there is a fault on it.

Also bad RAM can also be a factor and is worth testing for with Memtest+ just in case it's not the HD that is the culprit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

on the side of the machine there should be a COA - green sticker with either XP home or XP pro serial number - if there is you could borrow a DELL xp cd and reinstall using that serial number.

Advertisement