Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtain Rails

Options
  • 07-07-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all

Not done much DIY before and need to put up curtain rails. Would like to know the bast way to do this.

I have been advised that a strong adhesive is all that is required to fix the batton to the wall but after trying this i'm not conviced. Help!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't use adhesive. Use the Rawlplugs and Screws that should have come with the pole, they're not great but they'll do. How many brackets came with the pole, was it 3? Is the pole extendable? What length do you want the pole? How wide is the window? If you let me know I'll tell you what spacing to use. Do you have a drill? You're going to need one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

if you need to cut the pole to length make sure to do it in the middle of both poles and take the same off both poles, that way the joins stay in the middle over the middle supprt and so are hidden. I speak from experence..:)

Advertisement