Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silkworms in Dublin For a Lizard

Options
  • 07-07-2007 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

does anyone know a pet shop preferably in north dublin or in the city centre
    that sells silkworms? i need some for my bearded dragon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

you sure you dont mean WAX worms ? Reptile Haven in fishamble st. and Boardwalk Pets to name 2, also Whackers pet shop sell them. Any shop that deals in reptiles should stock them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wallzy234

no no i mean silkworms! i got wax worms alright but theyre too fatty to feed as a staple!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

wallzy234 wrote:
    does anyone know a pet shop preferably in north dublin or in the city centre
    that sells silkworms? i need some for my bearded dragon!

Try the Reptile Haven, don't even think about going to Whackers, the state of their parrots is appalling.

How old is your bearded dragon? If its an adult have you considered feeding it cockroaches? I hear they're a great beardie food, I know someone who says he'll never go back to crickets after getting the roaches.

Here's some more info on roaches:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Exotic_Enthusiasts/index.php?showtopic=47

and

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Exotic_Enthusiasts/index.php?showtopic=480

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I get mine shipped in from livefoods.co.uk but generally only throughout the colder months. They also do butter worms which have the highest amount of calcium of any worm.

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement