Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Doing My Theory Test On Tuesday!

Options
  • 07-07-2007 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Well I've finally got round to booking my theory test today. I've studied already for it but I was wondering what is the best way to study????

I have the CD-Rom "Second Edition". This is the right one I presume?? Is the best thing to do just simply do random tests or go through each section? I normally get 38-40 in each random test.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

The theory test is really easy, there is an Irish driving website that has an online mock theory test, unfortunately I can't think of the name. I spent two hours on that site the night before mine and got all 40 correct on the day, it took me 6minutes to complete it too, you get 40minutes if I remember correctly, so I was really impressed with myself. Hopefully someone on this forum can point you towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yes, it's very straightforward IMO. I had to do it a few years ago when I applied for a bike licence (even though I had passed the test in every other category). I felt a bit odd sitting there with all the newbies but I had it done in 4 minutes.

Online Test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 [NOG]ph0rce

Look Through The Questions Once. Then Just Take Random Tests On The CD, Exactly What I Did, And I Ended Up Getting All The Same Questions As The Previous Tests I Did At Home. Failed It The First Time By Using The Book, PAin In The Bum.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Thanks for the advice everyone. I just did the Theory Test today, down in Wicklow......Took me about 8-10 minutes and got 40/40. Its so easy. :D

Can't wait till I start driving now. I'm 17 this Sunday and my parents are paying for insurance as my present. Woohoo!!

EDIT: So as you can see I'm new to all this......I read the sticky at the top of the forum. So all I need to get my first provisional is:

*Theory Test Certificate
    * Eyesight Report
    * Application Form
    * Two recent identical passport type photographs (signed on back)
    * Original Birth Certificate or Passport
    * Fee of €15.00

Where can I pick one of the eyesight forms up, at the Garda station along with the application form??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Where can I pick one of the eyesight forms up, at the Garda station along with the application form??
    Eyesight Report Form D502

SmashingPilot - apply for the test as soon as you get the provisional licence. Good luck and stay safe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Hello Peter!!

Did my theory test there about two weeks ago, and passed too with 35 correct!(but all i had to study are the online sample tests such as the one at aaireland.ie which havent been updated in years!! :D)

I filled out my D201 app. form for a prov. today.

So all I need to get my first provisional is:

*Theory Test Certificate
    * Eyesight Report
    * Application Form
    * Two recent identical passport type photographs (signed on back)
    * Original Birth Certificate or Passport
    * Fee of €15.00

yep thats all you need. You can get the Eyesight report form at the option (eg. specsavers) where you get the test done, and the garda should have them too!

I'll see you on the streets!!:D

Chief (bet you were wondering who this was)!!

How do you know who I am. Haha!! Great to see you passed as well. :D

I organised an appointment with the optician for Saturday and was told that they have the forms there just like you said. So hopefully everything going to plan, I'll have my license on Monday and can sort out lessons for that week as well (mam's friend is an instructor). :)

I'm really looking forward to getting to drive but at the same time I'm somewhat nervous......Did anyone else feel like that the first time they drove???

Everytime I'm in the car with my parents or friends I'm watching what they're doing. Hehe!! Hopefully I can put what I know in theory into real life practice......There's a huge difference.

Maybe I'll see you on the roads, just don't overtake me too fast. :D

Keep it safe.
    Smashing

Yep my appointment for the eyesight report is booked for 2 o clock today, which I know I aint gona pass the requirment, as my eyesight sucks!! Laser eye surgery, he i come!!

I wont be driving untill next April though (thats when my brother is giving me his car) so you'll be giving me lessons as my Christmas gift this year :D

Best of luck getting you full licence ;)

I'm so happy now. :D

Just home from my first driving lesson, my first time driving overall....It was so much fun and I only made one mistake over the whole hour. Can't wait to get insured this week and start driving. Booked another couple of lessons to learn everything properly and get practice. :D:D:D:D

EDIT: Just want to make sure....Went down to the taxation office to get my provisional license on Monday. They said they'd post it out in no more than 10 days. I was given a letter to say that I have applied to be given the license. My instructor said its grand to drive now but I just want to make sure that I am allowed to drive.

Hmm dont know about that. Your required to carry your liecence at all times and produce to a garda when asked so i wouldnt think so........then again im sure a driving instructor would know more than me:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hmm dont know about that. Your required to carry your liecence at all times and produce to a garda when asked so i wouldnt think so........then again im sure a driving instructor would know more than me:rolleyes:

Thats what I thought as well but if I can go driving for lessons, I don't see why I wouldn't be allowed to drive when not on lessons. Either way, went driving for my first time (without instructor) with one of my parents this evening. Practiced for a while in a big car park and then drove home, included dual carriageway where I got to the dizzy heights of 60, thats right 60MPH. :D

My driving is grand, just struggling a little bit when starting off. I tend to take my foot off the clutch just a little too quickly but I'm getting used to it. Have another lesson after work tomorrow.

How come they have to post your licence out? I've always gotten mine right there on the spot.

How come they have to post your licence out? I've always gotten mine right there on the spot.

Hahaha!!! Thats what I was expecting as well. Went down to the taxation office here in Bray and was told it would be posted out in about 10 days, its been 7 days now. :rolleyes:

They gave me a letter which basically says that my application for a provisional license was received, which according to my driving instructor is fine for driving with until you get your actual license sent to you.

Yay! My provisional licence arrived today :D Next step, get insured!!

Yay! My provisional licence arrived today :D Next step, get insured!!

Nice one man. I got my insurance sorted yesterday and went driving. Driving a Skoda Fabia now. :)

Have a driving lesson now at 5:45.

Advertisement