Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Musicians leaving home

Options
  • 07-07-2007 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Just wondering what the story is for practicing non-portable instruments like piano when you're in college. My 1st 3 choices are UCD,DIT,DCU, so I'll definitely be leaving home, but I really don't want to stop playing piano.So what are my options?Do the music students have instruments on campus that ordinary plebs are allowed use?
    Really appreciate anyone's help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I don't know about those institutions but they've just received fifty-seven Steinway pianos in the Cork School of Music! It's not a keyboard but a Steinway *just* might suffice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I'm hoping they'll have some drumkits lying around the place in UCC. Don't want to get rusty while I'm in college :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was told when I got my piano that the minute I left home it'd be leaving with me. Thankfully that's not for a few years yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

well i havent a clue about anywhere else but DIT (its my first choice) has a piano in like every single room and like im pretty sure they'd let anyone play them! i mean obviously not everyone's gonna have a piano with them so i'd say there wouldnt be a problem there! but like i said havent a clue about DCU or UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,131 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

UCD music students can arrange a time to practice piano in the music rooms, but it'd have to be classical or jazz you're playing. They'll throw you out for playing anything they don't approve of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

couldn't you just buy a keyboard? its not the same but it will atleast keep your skill up to scratch...

Advertisement