Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto Treble Crunch Sour Cream & Onion Flavour

• 07-07-2007 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Arent they just ****ing delicous!

I remember when Pringles first came out, the sour cream and onion ones were packed with flavour.

Nowadays they seem to be a lot more tastless.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Or are my taste buds just defunct with my old age and all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I reckon your buds are on their last legs, the old sour creme and onion pringles are still as tasty as ever, shame you can't say the same about the boring red ones

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have to agree with corkproducers, I also think Pringles Sour Cream & Onion are not as nice as they used to be.

I haven't tried those Treble Crunch, though will the next time I'm shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Nowadays they seem to be a lot more tastless.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Or are my taste buds just defunct with my old age and all?

They probably burnt out the MSG receptors in your brain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

the sour cream and onion treble crunch are savage, a bit more on artificial salty side than i like, but really nice none the less. bigger bags would be better, screw this weightloss sized bag thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

Tree wrote:
    bigger bags would be better, screw this weightloss sized bag thing
    Haha, true that!

Im telling ye, pringles have cheaped out on the flavour over the years, and it would only take someone like me to notice it!

I reckon its a business strategy.
    See if your left slightly unsatisfied with the lack of flavour, youll eat more to get more flavour.

Where as if your completely satisfied you wont need to eat as much.

Thats my crazy theory anyway!

That and cost reduction, have you seen the site that shows how much the size of m&m's, twix, and mars bars decrease over the years?
    Its a scam im telling ya!

• Advertisement

Theres some website which showed a size comparrisson of bars over the years, if i find it ill post it up.

That and cost reduction, have you seen the site that shows how much the size of m&m's, twix, and mars bars decrease over the years?
    Its a scam im telling ya!

I was noticing today that the packet of M&Ms I got from the vending machine was tiny! Ended up having to eat two packets to feel tiny. Must check what the weight on the packet was.

Stark wrote:
    I was noticing today that the packet of M&Ms I got from the vending machine was tiny! Ended up having to eat two packets to feel tiny. Must check what the weight on the packet was.
    When i was looking for that site i came across recent news articles in ireland & UK and theyre thinking about reducing bar sizes to try and reduce Child Obesity.

Feck sake, as if theyre not small enough already.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A15847608

The section at the end about chocolate bar companies promising to remove king size versions, then coming up with all sorts of ways to renege on their promise is hillarious.

Advertisement