Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Almera Stereo Unit

Options
  • 07-07-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi. my almera 96 has an old radio cassette unit in it. apparently the cassette doesnt work (or i dont know how to make it work). i bought a cassette to 3.5mm and connected ipod, nothing. it works on a normal cassette player, so problem with the head unit.

id like to get an fm transmitter, but at the same time im thinking, would that work? the antenna on top of the driver's door is broken. any way to repair that?

also, anywhere around dublin that would change the car stereo to another one on the cheap (and or repair the antenna outside?).

or any one has a guide how to change?much rather get it changed than attempt that myself.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

new CD units with 3.5m aux in sockets can be had for around 100. try Halfords and Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think Aldi sell head units with an AUX ports too.

Fitting is not too difficult if you are familiar with car electrics. Halfords also offer a fitting service, not sure how much they cost. Argos offer free installation on certain head units.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Got a Sony cd player with AUX 3.5 cable for about 80 euro on pixmania.com

Easy to fit in 98 almera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

thanks for all the input. so basically i went down to halfords in coolock. do they want customers or not?the guy there was not helpful at all.

first i asked about aerials = "last row, on ur left, all aerials there".

so i ask, i cant see anything for my almera, do u change them?

"no"

me = can u have a look at my car to tell me which one to get?

after some hesitation, he comes to the car (parked in front of the door), says, "hmmm, i dont know"

then goes in, hands me a screwdriver and tells me "to know, try and see what is in there".

so i try to open up the small hole where the aerial is, cant. hand him back the screwdriver in the shop, have a look at car stereos (cheapest 89.90 sendai + 30 for installation).

i just left.

any other places other than halfords do car parts?that might have a site online i can look at then go?

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement