Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car radio problem

Options
  • 07-07-2007 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

alright lads,

Early this afternoon i was trying to change the radio in a car i just bought. I was trying to put in my pioneer cd player instead of the crap tape player that is there at present.

i managed to wire it up, no probs there. But when i turned on the radio, the sound disappeared after 5 seconds.

By this i mean, i would turn on for FM104 and you would hear the sound from the speakers for 5 seconds then it go completely silent, no sound.

i checked every single wire but thats perfect.:confused:

so i decided to take one of the speakers out and i noticed that on the back of the standard honda speaker was 15W written in white.

Loooking at my radio it is 27W.

So could the problem be the speakers? as the crap old tape player works fine when i put that back in.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The wiring is slighly wrong!!
    There is a section in the manual for pioneer head units that tells you what wires to swap around if you get no sound!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BJ2007

jonny24ie wrote:
    The wiring is slighly wrong!!
    There is a section in the manual for pioneer head units that tells you what wires to swap around if you get no sound!!

but i do get sound, only for a few seconds though. cool il check the manual.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

also check pioneers website!! the 15w at the back of the speakers doesn't matter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BJ2007

jonny24ie wrote:
    also check pioneers website!! the 15w at the back of the speakers doesn't matter!!

cool thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

jonny24ie wrote:
    It kind of does. The speakers are rated lower than your stereo. If you drive the stereo too high it will damage your speakers.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    It kind of does. The speakers are rated lower than your stereo. If you drive the stereo too high it will damage your speakers.

Yes but if its cutting out after 5 seconds each time it doesn't matter in this instance!!

I have standard 15w speakers in my car with a headunit that is 4X50W and it doesn't cut out at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

But it will matter when he gets it working.

Advertisement