Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My new bike ......

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Sorry to hear about the FireBlade KTRIC...

Delighted to hear about the GT1000 KTRIC!!!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

no they're italian. They don't handle wet wintery weather too well but if I lived in a different climate I'd get one or if it was for the weekends only. Also expect to have to look after it well otherwise it will complain in the worse possible way. Glorious bikes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

no they're italian. They don't handle wet wintery weather too well but if I lived in a different climate I'd get one or if it was for the weekends only. Also expect to have to look after it well otherwise it will complain in the worse possible way. Glorious bikes though.

Well where I'll be it'll only be out for 8 months of the year (if even that) and in dry weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

KTRIC wrote:
    I'm heading to the nearest Ducati dealer and putting a deposit down on a new GT1000 :D

oh good lord.

That must be the most depreciating ducati, even after the ST.

L.

nereid wrote:
    oh good lord.

That must be the most depreciating ducati, even after the ST.

L.

Really ?? Have you got anything solid I can use as reference ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

KTRIC wrote:
    Really ?? Have you got anything solid I can use as reference ?

nothing at all, other than you never see them around, so the demand must be minimal at best.

I think I have a fear of buying anything "new old" - bikes that are modern "replicas" of old bikes. eg, my pain in the ass Royal Enfield, the W650, Triumph Bonniville etc.

L.

nereid wrote:
    nothing at all, other than you never see them around, so the demand must be minimal at best.

I think I have a fear of buying anything "new old" - bikes that are modern "replicas" of old bikes. eg, my pain in the ass Royal Enfield, the W650, Triumph Bonniville etc.

L.

OOoh, don't dis the W :mad: Great bike, fantastic mover, just doesn't like stopping :rolleyes: .

I like the "new old" myself, if I wanted my bikes to be 100% reliable I'd buy a modern bike, but they're no fun.

Come to think of it I've never seen a GT1000 on Irish roads, so they must not be selling all to well. Have to look into that before I get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

get a URAL!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I saw one GT1000 and I had to sto and amire it. It was park outside musician inc. A Ural with a sidecar in green would be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Saw a GT1000 just yesterday! Nice bike! But not really my type I guess...

I saw one GT1000 and I had to sto and amire it. It was park outside musician inc. A Ural with a sidecar in green would be cool.

Yes it would, love the Urals :D But with the side car they handle completely sh!te, not that that would bother me.

Think of the fun you could have mounting a deactivated gun on the side car :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Yes officer my bike is taxed, its bolted onto the ammo feed of that mg42 :D

madrab wrote:
    Yes officer my bike is taxed, its bolted onto the ammo feed of that mg42 :D

LOL :D , No , No Officer, look closer , its at the end of the "deactivated" barrel ;)

Advertisement