Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help :)

Options
  • 07-07-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I really hope this doesn't get me kicked out of the message boards!!! But if it does, so be it, I'm going to try anyway!!

Hi Everyone :o

My name is Caitlin O’Hanlon and I am currently a MA in Journalism student at NUI Galway. I am in the process of writing my thesis in the area of The New Generation of Parenting and I am looking for people living in Ireland, who will fit into any of the categories I have listed below, who would be willing to speak to me in the coming weeks, either via telephone or in person. The interviews will be about 15-30 minutes in length and my schedule is fairly flexible as I understand how busy you all are. I can be contacted by email at caitlin@ohanlon.ca if you are interested (which I hope you are!), or by private mail on here!

I will provide you with any information you should wish about my thesis when you contact me and I guarantee that no names will be used in my work unless you specify you would like it used.

Who I am looking for...

- single working mums
    - working mums with young children
    - working mums with teenagers
    - working dads
    - stay-at-home dads
    - grandparents who are raising their grandchildren
    - women over the age of 35 who do not have children but intend to one day
    - women who have had children over the age of 35
    - women who have had a baby via in-vitro fertilization
    - young parents who have had a baby within the last year
    - parents-to-be
    - parents whose children are grown up and moved out to discuss a variety of topics surrounding parenting today
    - parents of children of any age who would be interested in speaking about the over-protectiveness of parents in society today (this does not mean you have to be over protective, just a general discussion!)

Thanks a million for your time everyone! I look forward to hearing from some of you!

Caitlin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why are you excluding stay at home mothers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 caitlinoh

I have already completed my interviews with stay-at-home mothers...sorry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

I'm a single mom with a teenage daughter (she'll be 16 in September, pm me if you like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I find it strange that I don't fit into any of the categories! Does that make me part of the old generation parents?

(BTW I'm a part time work from home mom.)

Advertisement