Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Sunday will be a big test against Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just saw this thread. As a Donegal man, I might get accused of a few things here but I'm going to type this anyway. Derry are not a good team. I would fully expect Mayo to beat them, even in Celtic Park. I saw them in the Championship last year in Ballybofey and they were woeful. Granted they beat Armagh yesterday but I think Armagh had an off day due to their inactivity since losing to Donegal in Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I'm going to agree with ^^^^

If we're anywhere near serious contenders we should be beating Derry, if not we're as well off going home.
    I've said the top 6 teams in the country have a chance of winning Sam (Tyrone, Kerry, Dublin, Mayo, Donegal, Galway - although that looks less likely after last weekend). Now we are in that top 6 and should beat anybody outside of it 8 times outta 10.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Uuum, don;t know. Not overly convinced, our defence is worse than last year and cannot handle the high ball. If we beat Derry it will just delay the enevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote:
    Uuum, don;t know. Not overly convinced, our defence is worse than last year and cannot handle the high ball. If we beat Derry it will just delay the enevitable

you think we would have learned our lesson with the high ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

After the Derry Game all I can say is....

They think it's all over.......It is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

"Overrated" would be one word I'd use to describe Mayo.

smashey wrote:
    Just saw this thread. As a Donegal man, I might get accused of a few things here but I'm going to type this anyway. Derry are not a good team. I would fully expect Mayo to beat them, even in Celtic Park. I saw them in the Championship last year in Ballybofey and they were woeful. Granted they beat Armagh yesterday but I think Armagh had an off day due to their inactivity since losing to Donegal in Ulster.

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Ya may well need it, you will still get to go to at least one more Championship game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

The thing was Derry were sh1te. We were just worse

• Advertisement

Ya may well need it, you will still get to go to at least one more Championship game ;)
    ...and I won't be here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Well will they be able to get to the final again ?

Need some good performances but looked good v Cavan today and despite going behind it was a fairly good win in the end.

Ha Ha The Answer to that one is a resounding 'NO'

Wompa1 wrote:
    Ha Ha The Answer to that one is a resounding 'NO'

Go to the top of the class.

Advertisement