Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

defcon:Everybody Dies

Options
  • 07-07-2007 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

every felt like reliving wargames?

thought you could show those commies how to use a nuke?

picked up Defcon:everybody Dies the other day & i really enjoy it, its quite a haunting game, the lookt, he music & the stats that tell you you just killed/lost 5 million people are quite vivid

anyone played it?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/defcon/review.html?tag=tabs;reviews

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'm waiting till it comes down in price, everyone I know who have played it have said it's good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Installing this now.. had bought it the other day havn't played it tho so I will now. Ive bought about 15 games and not finished any of them... work is now keeping me away from gaming :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played the demo off steam a while back and it is really a pretty disturbing, atmospheric experience. Strategy games are my least favoured of genres, so I dont think Id buy the full release, but the effect of seeing the thing in action is pretty astonishing and scary.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

MooseJam wrote:
    I'm waiting till it comes down in price, everyone I know who have played it have said it's good stuff

Its $14.95 on Steam. Thats about as cheap as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Downloaded it a while ago :eek: , so did about 3-4 of my clanmates :rolleyes: and we set up a virtual lan through hamachi :) and then proceeded to blow the crap outta each other :D:D

Its only fun when playing against friends, especially when on voice comms...

"No!!!! You ****....you just nuked moscow on me and killed 10million!! :p " etc etc

Great game as a multiplayer lan for a laugh

But not something you could play again and again and again, especially on your own.And of course theres no real winner

Not worth the 15 your pricing it at :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Saw this in Game at the weekend boxed up with Uplink. Now that's a game that's worth the money. I got DefCon itself a while ago, and didn't really enjoy it, but Uplink is the mutt's nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Bought it a while ago, never really got into it.
    Didn't think it was as good as all the hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Maximilian wrote:
    Its $14.95 on Steam. Thats about as cheap as it gets.

I prefer a box , so i can add it to all my other boxes :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i have this at home,have'nt installed it yet though playing way too many other games and busy at work and stuff but is it good playing against the computer?is the AI good?

Advertisement