Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get 2nd hand video cameras ?

• 07-07-2007 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Im looking to get a 2nd hand video camera (BETACAM, Hi8, Mini DV) but the thing is i want a professional camera , something comfortable and shoulder mounted, the problem is eBay isnt great help, i dont find much except slim little consumer cameras,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

noting you said you'd be happy with older models (which I am I am guessing from you naming hi8/betacam) search for a sony vx9000

Short lived professional camcorder which has the same image quality of the pd150/vx2000 but sports a well rounded professional set up, shoulder mounted.

http://www.mindlogic.com/CAM_SONY_dcr-vx9000_DTL.shtml

Only catch is it doesnt take mini dv it takes full fledge dv tapes, which tend to be harder to come by.

But there is a sweet side, its not as popular as its slimmer cousins which would sell for 800 sterling + so you could find one quite cheaply on ebay if you know to search it by its title rather then just *camcorder*

example:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-VX9000e-VX9000-Fantastic-Quality-3CCD-Video-Camera_W0QQitemZ170126869559QQcmdZViewItem

here it is going for 1300 sterling but with a tripod, microphones, lenses and carry case (deduct all that and the camera is really only going for around 700 or less)

Only catch with above is that its collection only and its in the uk. (god I wish he was selling that when I was over there.)

Ebay can be a help but really you need to know what camera your looking for first.

So research for the type of camera you want and search by its code title. The popular ones (XL series, pd 170, panasonic dx100 etc) show up quite often and the newer models are always there (but seeded among scam sites far too often)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

cheers, ill have a look at that

Advertisement