Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports Prem Plus

• 08-07-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't received anything yet from SS about the Prem Plus....are they not not doing it for this season?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

No premiership plus this season . Setanta now have the rights to show premier league matches this season also ,so you will need to take out a setanta subcription to see the extra matches sky dont have, think its about 18 euro a month .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Do Setanta not have the games that were at Pem plus times inthe past now? (sat evening, monday evening etc)

I think its a mix of both for sky and setanta with who is showing what.I think both of them want some of the big games to broadcast

Fixtures out tomorrow for sky by all account so we can see who gets what

It aint cheap lads next season for the comfort of watching the match at home, a sky package plus setanta subscription

I think i could be sloping down to the pub for the big games i want too see, thats if i am allowed of course:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yes is a bit annoying no PP, didn't mind the extra cost for not having to get up early and go to the pub, much preferred staying in bed watching (If I was not going to the games that is, then I can sleep on the bus).

Now it looks like I will have to sub to sky and then to setanta too, setanta is alot more expensive than just the £50 a season but probably still cheaper than watching in a pub over the course of a season ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Makes DigitalAlb setup seem an even better idea.

I don't think I could go back to crappy Sky games, closest thing to a season ticket for your club going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Wait, wait... will Setanta be showing the games on its free-with-NTL main channel or on it's non-free Setanta 1/2 etc channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

a small number of the games they have will be on their free NTL channel, the majority will be on the subsciption channels.

zabbo wrote:
    Makes DigitalAlb setup seem an even better idea.

I don't think I could go back to crappy Sky games, closest thing to a season ticket for your club going.

whats digitalalb buddy ? is this an alternative to sky and setanta ?
    cheers if you could point me into finding another way of watching the games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

check the foreign satellite section, you'll need a new dish and receiver and then pay about 200 euros subscription and they only showed about 2 games at 3pm on saturday plus sky's games last season so wasnt that good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Sky are advertising next season as "x amount of games no ppv." or somethin like that.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i'm still trying to decide whether to bother with setanta or not. already paying 60 or something a month for sky so adding the 15 or whatever more would be 75 a month on TV! I don't even watch it that much.

Have always bought PPV though so maybe can justify it by replacing it with setanta at least partly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

All saturday games on setanta, including the 3pm games, plus Monday night football. Sky are left with the sunday slots, but think about it with european commitments and cup competitions to juggle later in the season coupled with UK police advice for early kick offs there wont be that many BIG games on a sunday Im guessing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Nice one EU. Made a fúcking balls of this for everyone. I could do without prem plus cos there were never any decent games on it but if Setanta will have it's fair share of big games...

I'm still not getting it

Only a tenner a month for 8 months of the year, I would spend that much on beer in the first two months. Think I will go for the Setanta sports 1 package.

Sizzler wrote:
    All saturday games on setanta, including the 3pm games, plus Monday night football. Sky are left with the sunday slots, but think about it with european commitments and cup competitions to juggle later in the season coupled with UK police advice for early kick offs there wont be that many BIG games on a sunday Im guessing :confused:

not sure about that, don't sky get first choice? then they put them early if required?

So as far as I can see nearly all the big games will be on Sundays same as any other year.

edit: SKy do have all 38 top picks:
    TV deal wrote:
    Irish sports broadcaster Setanta Sports actually won two of the packages, more than expected, but the four most attractive packages of broadcasts are retained by Sky who get 92 live matches a year, including all 38 first picks and the flagship 4 p.m. on Sunday package. Fans who want to take their pick from every match of the season will have to subscribe to two broadcasters rather than one. However, many fans may decide not to subscribe to Setanta given that it will be broadcasting matches on the Monday 8 p.m. and Saturday 5.15 p.m. slots. The Saturday slot coincides with many fans returning from an afternoon game. The Monday night slot has been hampered by the expansion of European football.

Only a tenner a month for 8 months of the year, I would spend that much on beer in the first two months. Think I will go for the Setanta sports 1 package.

isn't it €18 a month? I thought there was only one option, the whole lot?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, it's €18 a month, at least on Sky. It's €10 per month on NTL or Chorus.

Some variance on channels.

http://ie.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/ire-howtosubscribe

copacetic wrote:
    not sure about that, don't sky get first choice? then they put them early if required?

So as far as I can see nearly all the big games will be on Sundays same as any other year.

edit: SKy do have all 38 top picks:
    That quote you have there refers to SKY's UK rights not Ireland :confused:

Liverpool v Man U would be considered as a top pick but if both teams were playing on europe on a Tuesday night then you could safely assume they wont be playing on a sunday regardless of what SKY want. Again if Liverpool were playing Everton or Utd were playing City you could again almost guarantee they will be lunchtime kick offs on a Saturday cos the PO-LICE wont tolerate anything less because of these games are classed as category A and they want punters arriving as sober as possible :)

Utd v City is he first derby AFAIK so keep an eye on that and see what day thats on ;)

copacetic wrote:
    isn't it €18 a month? I thought there was only one option, the whole lot?

No, I can get Setanta 1 only for a tenner, prob not as good value as the whole package if it 18 over there but I am in the Uk and pay sterling.

Sizzler wrote:
    That quote you have there refers to SKY's UK rights not Ireland :confused:

Liverpool v Man U would be considered as a top pick but if both teams were playing on europe on a Tuesday night then you could safely assume they wont be playing on a sunday regardless of what SKY want. Again if Liverpool were playing Everton or Utd were playing City you could again almost guarantee they will be lunchtime kick offs on a Saturday cos the PO-LICE wont tolerate anything less because of these games are classed as category A and they want punters arriving as sober as possible :)

Utd v City is he first derby AFAIK so keep an eye on that and see what day thats on ;)

the rights aren't sold seperately for Ireland are they? or do you know something I don't?

The rights give the top picks to sky and they have various time slots. You can be pretty sure they are going to move games week to week rather than give up the best games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Already looked into it, 12 month minimum contract. You can't just cancel when the football season ends.

copacetic wrote:
    the rights aren't sold seperately for Ireland are they?
    Looks like they are ;)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a33639/setanta-sky-win-irish-premiership-rights.html

Sizzler wrote:

cheers for that.
    looks like it's pretty much the exact same packages though so what I was saying above was true apart from Setanta having some extra 3pm saturday games from the lower down match picks?

aquos has come up trumps on other thread. sky have all the big games as far as I can see:
    (although this doesn't include the 3pm games we have here, slim pickings by the looks of this!)
    Aquos76 wrote:
    Looks like they are out since today. posted up on digispy earlier....

Setanta

Saturday, August 11th @ 5.15pm � Aston Villa v Liverpool
    Saturday, August 18th @ 5.15pm � Newcastle United v Aston Villa
    Saturday, August 25th @ 5.15pm � Everton v Blackburn Rovers
    Sunday, August 26th @ 1.30pm � Middlesbrough v Newcastle United
    Saturday, September 1st @ 5.15pm � Manchester United v Sunderland
    Saturday, September 15th @ 5.15pm � Chelsea v Blackburn Rovers
    Monday, September 17th @ 8pm � Derby County v Newcastle United
    Saturday, September 22nd @ 5.15pm � Fulham v Manchester City
    Saturday, September 29th @ 5.15pm � Birmingham City v Manchester United
    Monday, October 1st @ 8pm � Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa
    Sunday, October 7th @ 12noon � Arsenal v Sunderland
    Saturday, October 20th @ 5.15pm � Aston Villa v Manchester United
    Monday, October 22nd @ 8pm - Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
    Saturday, October 27th @ 5.15pm � Portsmouth v West Ham United
    Saturday, November 3rd @ 5.15pm � Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool
    Monday, November 5th @ 8pm � Manchester City v Sunderland
    Saturday, November 10th @ 5.15pm � Liverpool v Fulham
    Monday, November 12th @ 8pm � Reading v Arsenal
    Saturday, November 24th @ 5.15pm � Derby County v Chelsea

Sky Games

AUGUST

Saturday 11 Sunderland vs Tottenham Hotspur 12.45pm
    Sunday 12 Chelsea vs Birmingham City 1.30pm
    Sunday 12 Manchester United vs Reading 4pm
    Tuesday 14 Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton 8pm
    Wednesday 15 Wigan Athletic vs Middlesbrough 8pm
    Saturday 18 Portsmouth vs Bolton Wanderers 12.45pm
    Sunday 19 Manchester City vs Manchester United 1.30pm
    Sunday 19 Liverpool vs Chelsea 4pm
    Saturday 25 Sunderland vs Liverpool 12.45pm
    Sunday 26 Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur 4pm

SEPTEMBER

Sunday 2 Arsenal vs Portsmouth 1.30pm
    Sunday 2 Aston Villa vs Chelsea 4pm
    Saturday 15 Portsmouth vs Liverpool 12.45pm
    Sunday 16 Manchester City vs Aston Villa 4pm
    Sunday 23 Newcastle United vs West Ham United 1.30pm
    Sunday 23 Manchester United vs Chelsea 4pm
    Saturday 29 Manchester City vs Newcastle United 12.45pm
    Sunday 30 Everton vs Middlesbrough 4pm

OCTOBER

Saturday 6 Manchester United vs Wigan Athletic 12.45pm
    Sunday 7 Reading vs Derby County 2pm
    Sunday 7 Fulham vs Portsmouth 4.10pm
    Saturday 20 Everton vs Liverpool 12.45pm
    Sunday 21 West Ham United vs Sunderland 4pm
    Sunday 28 Bolton Wanderers vs Aston Villa 1.30pm
    Sunday 28 Liverpool vs Arsenal 4pm

NOVEMBER

Saturday 3 Arsenal vs Manchester United 12.45pm
    Sunday 4 West Ham United vs Bolton Wanderers 4pm
    Saturday 10 Sunderland vs Newcastle United 12.45pm
    Sunday 11 Birmingham City vs Aston Villa 1pm
    Sunday 11 Portsmouth vs Manchester City 4pm
    Saturday 24 Newcastle United vs Liverpool 12.45pm
    Sunday 25 West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur 1.30pm
    Sunday 25 Fulham vs Blackburn Rovers 4pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Already looked into it, 12 month minimum contract. You can't just cancel when the football season ends.
    I don't think there's a 12 month contract in the UK anymore. Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

My wife said she saw an ad on SS this morning advertising a Prem Plus ticket for £60....

I though they weren't having this?

Lex Luthor wrote:
    My wife said she saw an ad on SS this morning advertising a Prem Plus ticket for £60....

They arent! Must have been mistaken.;)

Lex Luthor wrote:

They arent! Must have been mistaken.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Lex Luthor wrote:

Your wife saw wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement