Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford show

• 08-07-2007 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

havent had a chance to post about it till now, have to say it was a brilliant night, the forum was packed out, what with names like Kid Kash, Doug Williams and cima etc etc I wasnt surprised

those that had front row tickets were called by mobile phone and asked to come to the entrance of the forum as we were being let in first, got some very funny looks from the crowd as we all marched past :), anyhoo we took our seats and i wished i had of picked somewhere different, cause everytime a wrestler was thrown out of the ring , they invariably ended up smashing into my leg or foot or various bodily parts :P, but didnt mind to much :D

Specifics of the matches, some blown spots, one very spectacularly by pac, the usual "you ****ed up" chants etc etc, bam katrazz landed outside the ring right next to me, and said as he got back in "Jaysus these english lads they keep throwing me out" laughed at that

Doug williams seemed very surprised at the chants that he was getting, worked a very stiff match and a very good match. At one stage somebody from the back shouted "Doug your a ****ing legend"

Mad Man Manson worked a comedy match with ippei ota to very little crowd reaction, except one of my friends shouted at manson "Will you ever just retire"

Then the announcements started that Kid Kash was having transportation problems but that he would be here, murmurs started of a no show or he was in a pub somewhere, anyhoo it came to break time and there was a photo oppurtunity with manson and bingo ballance, or autographs at the merchandise table with dragon kid cima or red vinny, took awhile for that to finish off

After the break, Darcy announced that kid kash finally arrived at the building, the pop that got was unbelieveable.

Next we moved onto the match of the night, Rikio v Kash v Mandrake, for anyone who hasnt seen Rikio in person, this guy is a big imposing presence, and for a big guy he certainly threw himself around the ring, kash and rikio put on a wrestling clinic and bought a wrestling sensibility to the whole thing

After the match Darcy interviewed kash, where he announced hed be back in waterford on october the 19th to take one more title back to the states to hang on his mantle piece, the zero gravity championship, he also announced that this may very well be his last match before he hangs up his boots, he said after 18 years it maybe time

Last match then was viper versus cima, started off slower then a snail, then picked up a bit and ended on a high note, thought viper looked a bit podgy to be honest, and next to cima looked like the pillsbury doughboy

With the show ended, kid kash was out at the merchandise table, everyone was shouting Aj Styles at him, and he just said next time you see AJ ask him about the time i beat the **** out of him ouside a hotel in florida, ask him about that

Annoyances were again the children allowed to just run all over the place and slapping the ring or trying to get in the ring, the wrestlers even if they wanted to couldnt do any over the top rope stuff especially later on in the night as the little ****s were getting out of control just running around ringside, there was one little guy that was wearing his hat to the side that should have been thrown out of the show imo, all he was doing was trying to slap the wrestlers and running up to the ring and banging on the canvass, there should be more control over that sorta of thing going on, there was staff there telling them all to get back from the ring which they duly did but 5 minutes later they were at it again

Anyhoo cant w8 for the 19th, kash returning for what might be his last match, plus one other major american star which they didnt announce at the time

Good matches, brilliant show, and 2 darcy Shuffles what more do ye want

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

Irish Whip Wrestling - IwW 'Global Impact',
    The Forum,
    July 6, 2007,
    Waterford City,
    DVD Taping (350 sellout crowd)

1 - IwW Zero Gravity championship, 3-Way match: Bingo Ballance defeated Bam Katraz (c) and "The Man Gravity Forgot" Pac to win the title - TITLE CHANGE

2 - Mad Man Manson beat Ippei Ota (NOAH)

3 - The Ballymun Bruiser pinned Doug Williams

4 - "The Heretic" Red Vinny beat Dragon Kid (Dragon Gate)

5 - 3-Way match: Kid Kash defeated Takeshi Rikio (NOAH) and Mandrake

6 - IwW International championship: Vic Viper (c) pinned CIMA (Dragon Gate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

shinzon wrote:
    Annoyances were again the children allowed to just run all over the place and slapping the ring or trying to get in the ring, the wrestlers even if they wanted to couldnt do any over the top rope stuff especially later on in the night as the little ****s were getting out of control just running around ringside, there was one little guy that was wearing his hat to the side that should have been thrown out of the show imo, all he was doing was trying to slap the wrestlers and running up to the ring and banging on the canvass, there should be more control over that sorta of thing going on, there was staff there telling them all to get back from the ring which they duly did but 5 minutes later they were at it again

amen to that.. they were so bloody annoying it wasnt funny, and very fecking distracting.. one kid near me kept trying to get vic vipers attention during the match, kept running up to the ring when he was on the mat and slapping his boots or whatever..

anyway, i had a really enjoyable night apart from that. cima high fived me during his match, just after he had thrown viper out of the ring and jumped over the ropes after him, which i thought was cool..

and manson sat down next to me on his way to the ring, put his feet up and said "finally, a ring side seat!" which i thought was funny.. me and gimmick were talking to him after the show and he was sound out..

thought the opening match was the best, i reckon it set too high a pace for the rest of the night..

all in all a great night, and looking forward to october.. looking forward to the dvd of the event too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The kids thing pissed me off also. They were everywhere, and their unemployed parents wouldnt control them. Id say they were all after a claim tbh.

Enjoyed the night other than that. Will have a few photos online tomorrow.

I had a one man mark for PAC. Kinda embarrassing. Really enjoyed his match. he played a great heel. Full credit to Bingo and Bam also, but I dont like their sigra babyface personas. I think Bam would make a very good heel He has the look for it. PAC blown spot was spectacular. It was met with alughter first, then a 'YOU F**KED UP' chant.

I was pissed off that people were chanting boring at Manson and Otta. These people obviously know little about wrestling, as it was a well paced technical match.

Felt kinda sorry for Bruiser, as he was never going to get over Williams with the crowd. His biggest ever win was met with chants of "BULLSH*T", which may or may not have been started by myself. No way should Williams have had to do the job to anyone.

Vinny Vs Dragon Kid was too short. It was a very good match, but needed more time for it to be actually memorable.

Rikio Vs Kash Vs Mandrake was great. The latter impressed me big time. I was somewhat dissapointed Rikio didnt demolish the others for a while, as he is huge and a hard hard hitter. Kash was class though.

The main event was great. Not quite what I was expecting, as it was quite slow by CIMAs standards. The ending pissed me off big time, ditto for quite a few others around me.

All in all a good nights entertainment, but the kids issue needs addressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

No way should Williams have had to do the job to anyone

Quoted for truth there, that booking decision still baffles me, still on the sublect of the kids, this child kept bugging me all night, he was standing right next to me and all he was doing was asking questions the whole time, whose that wrestler, why did that guy hit the other guy, is he famous, all i wanted to do was tell him to f off, but then yed have the parents arguing with you so just put up with it, and as for the little fecker with glasses that kept standing in front of me obscuring my view of the ring, dont know how many times i told him to get outta the way, which he would but 5 minutes later hes doing it again GRRRR so bloody annoying

Only way id see IWW keeping them away from the ring is by having guard rails around it, might lose a row or 2 of ticket sales, but at least itd stop them doing what there doing, and we might see more aerial stuff from the wrestlers as well

Oh and as for the ticket seller, well lets just say she was another highlight :eek:

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sounded like a good show, wish I could've made it. I didn't know Pac would be on the show, he's good. Would've loved to have seen Rikio!

IWW should come up with a monster heel who could actually make the kids fear for their lives. That'd sort out any troubles with them. Might just be a Waterford problem though, the Dublin kids are usually well behaved, surprisingly enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

A friend of mine went to the show, said it was very good but the kids running around the place was very annoying and the parents didn't giva a damn....that would do my head in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

A friend of mine went to the show, said it was very good but the kids running around the place was very annoying and the parents didn't giva a damn....that would do my head in!
    It's a major reason why I didn't bother to make the trip down. On one of the IWW DVD's a match down in Waterford is a bonus match and the kids are just running around with no supervision, had a feeling this show would have been much of the same.

The card looks great and the in ring action sounds great too. But the kids would just do my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

gimmick wrote:
    The kids thing pissed me off also. They were everywhere, and their unemployed parents wouldnt control them. Id say they were all after a claim tbh.

Oh yes I can see it now doug williams trows the bruiser to the outside he bangs into one of the kids mother puts in a claim and rings jerry ryan about the roid raged lunatic who trew a man at her little angel then debra marshall gets involved and there all ****ed

Anyways...

Really enjoyed the show was great to see some of the big indie stars as I never get to see any of there tv stuff the irish lads have improved a hell of alot in the past 2 years also.

The Zero gravity 3way was the highlight of the night for me the double teaming on pac was crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I came across this review of the show on Wrestlemag.com: http://www.wrestlemag.com/indynews/index.php?p=93 A positive piece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/garethallen/IWW%20July%2007/

No real good ones there. My camera let me down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement