Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your favourite Harry Potter character? (Possible Spoilers)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lorr

SIRIUS!!! You just can't beat him.

Followed by Lupin, Snape and Luna all joint second place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's so hard to decide. There are so many good characters;

Ron
    Fred
    George
    Bill
    Charlie
    Ginny
    Mr & Mrs Weasley
    Fleur
    Sirius
    Snape
    Lupin
    Tonks
    Neville
    Mad Eye
    Lily & James
    Luna
    Hagrid
    Draco
    Hermione
    Dumbledore
    Dobby
    Kreacher
    Cedric
    The Dursleys
    & Harry of course

but my favourite would probably be Snape or Ron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Fred

Sniff.... :(

I've always loved the twins....

Especially their exchange with their mother when we first meet them at King's Cross.

"No, he's Fred, I'm George..." :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

the bit where they're wearing their Weasley jumpers and Fred says "there's no need for these really, everyone knows I'm Gred and he's Forge" legendary, or when Mrs. Weasley finds out Ron's a prefect and exclaims "that's all the family" and Fred bursts out "what does that make me and George, next-door neighbours?"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Dumbledore. No doubt about it. Can't stand him in the new movies though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

HELLO! What about Gildroy Lockheart? He was the best thing about the second book. Such comedy. And Kenneth Brannagh has been my favorite actor to enter into the Harry Potter series
    Guilderoy Lockheart was a legend. I think the first two books seem to get overlooked a lot. But I remember reading Chamber of Secrets and laughing a lot throughout.

I can't decide on my favourite character. Snape, for his put downs and depth. Sirius for his sheer awesomeness. Dumbledore for the old twinkle he always had.

I suppose if I was pushed I would probably pick Lupin. I remember when I finished the 3rd book. I was more upset that he was leaving than that Sirius had to go on the run. He was such a good egg, taught Harry a lot of valuable stuff, and just provided him with an adult he could trust and confide in. But I think after book 3 he was short changed. He didnt get an awful lot to do when he showed up later in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Ginny, that girl can kick some serious a** when the time arises, whether it be duelling or at quidditch - always found it very frustrating that she was always been held back and over protected. You can tell that her family adored her though - especially the twins & of course you couldn't help but enjoy the whole Harry/Ginny moments - ever since the 2nd book I still couldn't help secretly wishing those two would get together! Couldn't stand the whole Harry/Cho situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Luna hands down, it’s just the way she see things from a different angle , also she always looks on bright side and is very good a reading people , like in last book when at end Harry wanted to be alone she created diversion, also she didn't have may friends and was use to being the odd one out, which I can relate to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Blue-Eyed

There isn't a way on this planet that I will be able to choose one of these brilliant characters as my favorite! Not possible! They're all so different! I love them all :confused:

-Blue- :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Probably Luna/Ron/ Ms Weasley. They all make me laugh.

Advertisement