Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevenage-Spurs friendly.

Options
  • 08-07-2007 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Club site report

All the goals plus post game interviews

Goals from Keane (pen), Bent and Taarabt, with Ollie Allen (son of Clive!) scoring for the hosts. Boring first half, second half was much better...not as strong a side as I'd expected, Taarabt and Steed ran the show in midfield, Murphy looked very rusty (but he's not played much this year in fairness). Bent took his goal well, playing off the defenders shoulder and running on to a great Malbranque pass. He also linked well in the 1st half with Keane to win the peno. Robbie was his usual self, on a different wavelength to the rest of the team so a lot of his passing went astray.

I was impressed with Taarabt, tried one too many step overs but he was keen to get on the ball and he's not afraid to take a shot. He could feature a lot this coming season. I also liked Charlie Daniels at LB (the #3 congratulating Adel after his goal), he's a big unit but he was solid and linked well with Jamie O'Hara on the left side of the midfield.

Snoop and Rocha were a worry in the centre of defence, I'm hoping that was just pre-season rust.

Here's hoping we see Bale and Kaboul on Thursday night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Good to see Bent off the mark - hope he adds many more!

Advertisement