Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Gel/Wax

• 08-07-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

I'm wondering what gel do lads find the most effective for getting your hair to stay in the position you like?
    I've short hair and i want to spike it.Now it's not alot of hair to spike but some Gels/Wax get it right fo the first hour or so and then it fades off!:(

I don't like using wax but i have used a light form of it in brylcreem which was ok at the start but now does nothing.Alot of the "ultra strong" gels are crap to.

For short hair what do people reccomend?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Gel is generally crap.

Go with a wax or putty. I'm using fish paste hair putty at the moment and I like it alot. Also consider spraying some strong hold hair spray over the top and into the roots once you get it into the style you want if you want a longer lasting hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

VO5 have a great putty/gel that used to hold my hair for ages when I had a fauxhawk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

good aul dax wax all the way for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Jack Black is probably the best ive used.I havent seen it over here anywhere tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wax here too. I use Brylcreem Reshaper Gum, it's really easy to apply, wash out of your hands, and out of your hair, and you can reshape the look all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I use Brylcreem Texturising Gum which is good for short to medium hair and if you want a choppy & messed up look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Melissa47

My other half swears by men-u styling gel - they also do a wax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

good aul dax wax all the way for me...

Jaysus, do you lash on old spice too???

OP your better off going for something decent along the lines of American Crew products (in most barbers) or the Fish range(boots) is pretty good.You only need small amounts and they hold very well,look at wax or putty.

Most of the stuff you find in supermarkets is sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

anyone know good cream/gel/wax for thick frizzy hair?

my hair is a nightmare to control at de back and sides because it gets very frizzy when damp and its fairly thick hair anyway

thanks

Advertisement