Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for the future of this forum

Options
  • 08-07-2007 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

I presume this Election 2007 forum will not continue forever. However, could I recommend that it be kept and retitled 'Irish Politics', and the older politics forum be retitled 'International Politics'. Considering that it was considered necessary to set up an entire forum just for the general election, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that additional fora were needed in the first place. And I get the impression that many people have a preference for one type of politics over the other. Thoughts?

Comments

This type of suggestion was mooted before several times.
    We concluded that splitting up the board for to separate "current affairs" type threads on Irish politics and similar wasnt necessary and would lead to a less vibrant politics board.

Theres a fad event every now and again depending on world or national affairs and we see plenty of activity related to whatever it is.Then it dies down.

This board was set up for an obvious purpose and it is intended to have it closed shortly with all it's threads being merged back into the main
    politics forum.It's not going to be a case that active topics here will die due to the move, they will remain open and as active as long as posters want discussion in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

how about a forum monitoring the performance of this government?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

how about a forum monitoring the performance of this government?

Potentially any aspect of Irish political discussion could go under that heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Where's Tom Parlon Forum?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Where's Tom Parlon Forum?
    Who is Tom Parlon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

kbannon wrote:
    Who is Tom Parlon?

We need a forum to find out!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement