Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on where to live in Dublin North

Options
  • 08-07-2007 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

Where is a decent area to live? Looking for somewhere quiet yet affordable - is there any such thing?

Ideally would like Drumcondra/Santry but rents are ridiculous. Ads are very misleading as well telling you whitestown is in clonsilla so cant trust them if you dont know anyone but my aunt lives there so i knew where this 'lovey area' was!!

Was looking at finglas but dont know which parts are rough, or to narrow it down is there any part thats not rough! I have kid(s) and keep to myself anyway.

I've seen ads for the following places in my budget - are they worth looking at?

Cherryfield in Hartstown
    Casement Drive FInglas
    Plunkett Green, Finglas
    Fernleigh Castleknock

Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome, am getting desperate at this stage!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Dont know much about the parts of finglas but i can recomend Donaghmede Raheny .

Nice areas and alot on your doorstep.

Prepare for alot of smart arse replys for wanting to live on the northside.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Volvoboy wrote:
    Dont know much about the parts of finglas but i can recomend Donaghmede Raheny .

Nice areas and alot on your doorstep.

Prepare for alot of smart arse replys for wanting to live on the northside.

-VB-

Thanks for the reply.

I'm from Ballymun so i am well used to smart arse comments :)

In some cases the rent is cheaper Southside these days i'm just looking Northside because its what i know, family are here.

Work in city centre and son goes to school there so would consider most areas on a bus route!

But by jaysus the landlords arent half greedy these days :eek:

Almost 3 and a half grand a month for a 4 bed beside northside shopping centre - am hoping its a mistake cos if its not i dont have a hope of getting anything for 1300!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Trinity1 wrote:

Almost 3 and a half grand a month for a 4 bed beside northside shopping centre - am hoping its a mistake cos if its not i dont have a hope of getting anything for 1300!!

That has got to be a misprint! Three and a half grand a month? :eek: I live in that area and can honestly say there are no houses around there worth that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Trinity1 wrote:
    Where is a decent area to live? Looking for somewhere quiet yet affordable - is there any such thing?

Ideally would like Drumcondra/Santry but rents are ridiculous. Ads are very misleading as well telling you whitestown is in clonsilla so cant trust them if you dont know anyone but my aunt lives there so i knew where this 'lovey area' was!!

Was looking at finglas but dont know which parts are rough, or to narrow it down is there any part thats not rough! I have kid(s) and keep to myself anyway.

I've seen ads for the following places in my budget - are they worth looking at?

Cherryfield in Hartstown
    Casement Drive FInglas
    Plunkett Green, Finglas
    Fernleigh Castleknock

Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome, am getting desperate at this stage!

Thanks

Finglas is a good spot.Its got one of the best QBCs on the northside,lots of shops including Lidl,Aldi,Tesco,Dunnes and Superquin.No more than 20 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from the airoport.

Collie D wrote:
    That has got to be a misprint! Three and a half grand a month? :eek: I live in that area and can honestly say there are no houses around there worth that.

I thought so too but its in it a while and been renewed. They have it advertised per room and thats what it comes to when totalled so i think they are pulling a fast one!

Anyone in their right mind that could afford 230 a week for a room in a shared house would surely get a nice one bed apartment somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hanni1234

Malborough Street is nice

Degsy wrote:
    Finglas is a good spot.Its got one of the best QBCs on the northside,lots of shops including Lidl,Aldi,Tesco,Dunnes and Superquin.No more than 20 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from the airoport.

I was born in FInglas but moved when i was a baby so i dont know it at all now but like everywhere it has rough parts and ok parts i just dont want to end up in a really rough part due to lack of info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Scrotum

Why not come back to Ballymun, there's plenty of apartments for around 1300euro a month.

Scrotum wrote:
    Why not come back to Ballymun, there's plenty of apartments for around 1300euro a month.

I'd really need a house, and to be honest i'm staying with my mother here in coultry now and i hate it. No offence i've been here since i was 2 and i'm 32 now but i never liked it. 3 year olds out playing alone on the road at 10 at night, little boy racers skidding up and down the road. Junkies leaving syringes in the kids playground. I'm far from a snob but i want better than that for my own kids.

Theres one on my mothers road for 1500 a month, there is no way in hell i would pay that for a corpo house in this estate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would check out houses around the new Northern Fringe area,there are loads of houses going up so the landlords cant be to mean as you have a good choice.Its also on the Dart line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement