Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

W*&^£@RS On Our Roads

Options
  • 08-07-2007 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Driving out to Liffey Valley to see Die Hard 4.0 last nite around 11, onto the M50 just after the roundabout where the M50 and M1 meet, a Hyundai Santafe starts to flash me, me doing 120klms fair enough i was in the overtaking lane but if he didnt flash me to moveover i'd have moved over no probs, but because he did i slowed down to 80kmls :), I think driving brings out the worse in people.

-VB-

BTW, DH 4.0 Excelent Film Yippie Kiy Ae Mutha Fecker!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Expect the mandatory question in this type of thread of "were you overtaking someone at the time?"

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

Volvoboy wrote:
    Driving out to Liffey Valley to see Die Hard 4.0 last nite around 11, onto the M50 just after the roundabout where the M50 and M1 meet, a Hyundai Santafe starts to flash me, me doing 120klms fair enough i was in the overtaking lane but if he didnt flash me to moveover i'd have moved over no probs, but because he did i slowed down to 80kmls :), I think driving brings out the worse in people.

-VB-

I presume he just undertook you then, that's what I would have done. Although I probably wouldn't have flashed my lights at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I would of gladly moved over where it was safe to do so and after i was overtaking the car.:)

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You do realise that slowing down to 80 makes you just as bad as him ?

Yes but he started it:D

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Volvoboy wrote:
    Yeah, people like you.

Volvoboy wrote:
    I would of gladly moved over where it was safe to do so and after i was overtaking the car.:)

-VB-
    You didn't mention that you were overtaking a car in your original post. It seems hard to imagine someone would flash you if you were just overtaking another car.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Volvoboy wrote:

-VB-

sounds like he was impatient and you are one of those people you are talking about in the thread title. you were the worse of two bad drivers here (by far) imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Par72 wrote:
    You didn't mention that you were overtaking a car in your original post. It seems hard to imagine someone would flash you if you were just overtaking another car.

It happens alright, for some reason the M50 fills up with knob end drivers after dark..

I was overtaking another car he came up my arse and starts to flash me when i'm doing the speed limit, and im the worse for slowing down:rolleyes: :confused:

What was my alternative speed up and get caught by the filth for speeding?

-VB-

• Advertisement

Volvoboy wrote:
    I was overtaking another car he came up my arse and starts to flash me when i'm doing the speed limit, and im the worse for slowing down:rolleyes: :confused:

What was my alternative speed up and get caught by the filth for speeding?

-VB-
    Maintain your speed of 120km/h and move over when safe to do so. Or did this not occur to you?

Yes, but if i moved over when he was right up the back of me i would of gone into the side of a transit van!

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Maybe the other guy was a total and utter w4nker, no need for you to act like one too though, was there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

Anan1 wrote:
    Maintain your speed of 120km/h and move over when safe to do so. Or did this not occur to you?

It happened me before too, and I think what you suggest is the right thing.

For all we know the driver may have been a doctor/taking a sick child to hospital etc... chances were it was just an ignoramus though!

I felt a bit better for slowing down and frustrating the driver :)

-VB-

McSandwich wrote:
    It happens alright, for some reason the M50 fills up with knob end drivers after dark..

Probably because after dark is the only time anyone can actually go over 20 mph on the M50.;)

Volvoboy wrote:
    -VB-
    That's pretty sad.

Volvoboy wrote:
    Yes, but if i moved over when he was right up the back of me i would of gone into the side of a transit van!

-VB-

nobody said to do that, just to pull over when it was safe and not deliberately drive badly to upset another road user.

tbh based on your first post with no mention of you overtaking anyone I think you are just changing your story to make yourself look a little bit better.

copacetic wrote:
    tbh based on your first post with no mention of you overtaking anyone I think you are just changing your story to make yourself look a little bit better.

I was in the over taking lane to do one thing, overtake cars! Doing the speed limit, and even if i did speed up and tell the story on here id be given abuse for speeding:confused::confused:

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Volvoboy wrote:
    -VB-

So you are the wanker. Well done.

• Advertisement

Volvoboy wrote:
    if he didnt flash me to moveover i'd have moved over no probs, but because he did i slowed down to 80kmls

either it was already safe to move over or this doesn't make any sense. either way it shows you to be an incredibly poor and unsafe driver.

:rolleyes:

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Volvoboy wrote:

-VB-

Yeah, the roads are full of W*&^£@RS just like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Volvoboy wrote:
    Yes but he started it:D
    LOL! :D

VB you should know better than to come on here with a story like that and expect not to get condemned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think you'll have to start the twelve steps.
    First step, stand up and say "My names VolvoBoy and I'm a wanker".

HA HA HA, cant belive i'm reading this so you are all calling me a wanker! for what i dont know for expressing my opinon?:confused:

Some of you i've given advice to about your car problems and are calling me a wanker ? !?? Ah the beauty of boards where its quicker to say somthing bad than good.

-VB-

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think this thread has run its course!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement