Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What shop does this deal.?.

• 08-07-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

When trading in a ps2 against the 360 u get it for €200?? Dont know if its still going, was just wondering. Mates little bro wants a 360 n has a ps2 to spare..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

i think its gamestop, but you have to have a certain amount of games for ps2 to trade in with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

6 games with the ps2 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Any console with 6 games is the offer. They say there's a minimum trade in value though so they'll probably screw you out of it somehow. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Only the following consoles count:
    ps2
    psp
    nintendo ds
    gameboy advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

big_deal_postersLG.jpg

i think they scrapped the gba trade in though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

the trade in value is €70
    you get €40 for a PS2, so have to make up €30 with 6 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

The trade in Value must now reach €20 instead of €30 for the games.

The total trade in value is now €60 and not €70 as of last thursday.

It was very hard to reach €30 unless you have some very recent games.

Price is €199 with a console (PSP, DS or PS2) and 6 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

My brothers friend went in and asked about this, he has an old xbox and they offered the xbox 5 games + 1ps2 game for this offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so would i be saving 200 euros with this?
    premium on its own is 400 euros right?

they games have to be within 20 euros of THEIR trader in value? if so ffs

400euro with a few games(3 or 4) I think, either in Gamestop or Xtravision cant remember, might get a play and charge kit thrown in aswell. All shops have different offers. I wouldnt say your saving 200euro by doing this but it sure is a good deal if your old console is gathering dust!

• Advertisement

they cant just be games u can buy for 5-10 euros these days? can they ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

If you are going to trade-in games and you are stuck for some titles to make up the value check out the second hand games in Xtravision as there are bargains there. A friend picked up a second-hand copy of FIFA 07 for the PSP priced €24.99, the trade-in value in GameStop was €30.00 so he was able to get rid of old Xbox and PS2 games which had trade-in values of €0.01 at the same time when buying the console.

1 cent, are you serious? I never seen the point in trading in a game that I bought for 60-70 euro for 5euro. Let alone less than 5. The rate of depreciation of console games scares the shi* out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

When your trading in a PS2 or PSP do you have to have all the wires and boxes or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Antamojo wrote:
    When your trading in a PS2 or PSP do you have to have all the wires and boxes or what?

Yes you have to have the original box and the cables. And the discs are not allowed have any scratches on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes you have to have the original box and the cables. And the discs are not allowed have any scratches on them.

No you don't.

I traded in a PSP with just the cable. Don't be misinforming people.

So if I traded in 2 PSP's with one cable and a few games
    +
    A gamecube
    Would I get the same amount off or more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You will need the cable for both psp's i reckon, just buy one off ebay.

You will get more off probably but then again the offer is for one console and 6 games so who knows...just try it.

Yeah I was also wondering if you can trade in against the bundles in Smyths or Xtravision?

where can i find the trade in values? anywhere online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

xtravision have their top 10 that get the most up here

http://xtravision.ie/xvContent.asp?id=28

Antamojo wrote:
    So if I traded in 2 PSP's with one cable and a few games
    +
    A gamecube
    Would I get the same amount off or more?
    They won't take the GameCube, nor will they accept NTSC games for the PSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

They take in Gamecubes. For trading in a console you need the cables, an original controller. You can't trade in American PSP games. You don't need the original box for consoles.

Since when do they take the GameCube? I tried to trade in mine and they said that the offer was only for the DS, PSP and PS2 - wouldn't accept the Xbox or GameCube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Talisman wrote:
    Since when do they take the GameCube? I tried to trade in mine and they said that the offer was only for the DS, PSP and PS2 - wouldn't accept the Xbox or GameCube.
    Oh, not for that deal, sorry. Thought you meant in general.

Advertisement